ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric card returned but passport office needs to see it

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric card returned but passport office needs to see

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:05 pm

tulipz wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG!
I will be in EXACTLY THIS situation very soon. Citizenship ceremony booked for Wednesday (02 March). Baby born in January while our naturalisations applications were under consideration. We both had ILRs back then.

Is there anything I can do to now to avoid this situation?
See my response in your own thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:12 am

Destroying the ILR BRP seems senseless for a parent with UK born children.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mamabibi
Newly Registered

Post by mamabibi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:15 am

Thank you all for your response. I will send emails to those email addresses as well as contact my MP.

I do not understand how a new rule is put in place without plans to tackle issues like this. I would have thought there will be a way to key in our ILR ref numbers and come up with our details. It's really sad.

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:39 pm

OP, I have an update.

I sent emails to the ids mentioned in this thread. I don't know which one worked, but someone called us this morning to confirm that I can keep the BRPs until I get the baby's passport. I know this doesn't help your case, but I just wanted to let you know that atleast one of those ids is being actively used.

Hope your problem is sorted soon. Good luck.

mamabibi
Newly Registered

Post by mamabibi » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:16 pm

tulipz wrote:OP, I have an update.

I sent emails to the ids mentioned in this thread. I don't know which one worked, but someone called us this morning to confirm that I can keep the BRPs until I get the baby's passport. I know this doesn't help your case, but I just wanted to let you know that atleast one of those ids is being actively used.

Hope your problem is sorted soon. Good luck.
Thank you! I did send emails to all the email addresses as well and I got a response from a case worker. They are still trying to resolve it. I didn't post anything as I wanted it to be resolved before I say anything. Hopefully by tomorrow I will get some sort of letter or help from them confirming I previously held ILR. They are still trying to understand why HMPO won't issue a passport to our daughter.

Most importand thing right now for me is that I am dealing with someone directly from the HO via email as against just sending emails to a generic address.

Once again thank you to the poster of the email address. I have also involved my MP so whichever works out first.

Fingers crossed...... I will definitely post an update as soon as it's sorted. Thank you all for your help.

mamabibi
Newly Registered

Post by mamabibi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:21 am

Hi All,

I just wanted to say thank you and that the wait is finally over. My daughters passport was delivered about 5 minutes ago. Phew!

We sent emails to all the email addresses above and we Cc'd our MP as well (I really do not know if that helped). We got a response from Citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk (again I do not know if this is the only one that works of if this is the relevant team that deals with our type of case). It's all sorted in time for our trip.

I'm am really grateful as i know we would still have been waiting if not for your help. Thank you! Thank you!! Hopefully this information will help someone in the similar situation.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:15 pm

mamabibi wrote:Hi All,

I just wanted to say thank you and that the wait is finally over. My daughters passport was delivered about 5 minutes ago. Phew!

We sent emails to all the email addresses above and we Cc'd our MP as well (I really do not know if that helped). We got a response from Citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk (again I do not know if this is the only one that works of if this is the relevant team that deals with our type of case). It's all sorted in time for our trip.

I'm am really grateful as i know we would still have been waiting if not for your help. Thank you! Thank you!! Hopefully this information will help someone in the similar situation.
Thank you for sharing the final outcome. And happy to hear it all ended well. Congratulations.

alloyd
Newly Registered

Post by alloyd » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:50 pm

I am currently facing the same issue and this post has been very helpful. Thanks for sharing. Did you do the SAR (Subject access request) at all as well?
I have sent emails to the HO email addresses given in this post - however - the following email seems to be not in use anymore. Citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk Can anybody suggest an alternate email address?

Many thanks.