ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proxy Marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NORTS

Proxy Marriage

Post by NORTS » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Just to confirm, I met my wife and we had small party (proposal party) in a third country, our marriage certificate was issued in our original country (by Proxy) both of us were not there at the time due to Civil war (i was in UK then), marriage is correct according to laws and regulation where the certificate issued, we also met after that few times after that…any one see any potential problems there? should I Do something else or what i have is Valid? Thanks everyone

noajthan

Re: Proxy Marriage

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 pm

NORTS wrote:Just to confirm, I met my wife and we had small party (proposal party) in a third country, our marriage certificate was issued in our original country (by Proxy) both of us were not there at the time due to Civil war (i was in UK then), marriage is correct according to laws and regulation where the certificate issued, we also met after that few times after that…any one see any potential problems there? should I Do something else or what i have is Valid? Thanks everyone
If this occurred with you in UK then it may be problematic and you need to elaborate on the precise circumstances.
Proxy and telephone marriage
13.1 The law of the United Kingdom does not allow for marriages to be contracted in this country either:
  • with one of the parties represented by an appointed proxy; or
    where the proceedings are conducted over the telephone
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rriage.pdf
= see para 13.3+
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.