ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Nationality Status for newborn

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apply4hsmp

British Nationality Status for newborn

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:00 am

Hi,

I am filing for British passport online application for my daughter born last month and the form says

If you are claiming British nationality on the basis of your parent’s immigration status in the UK rather than British nationality, provide the following: • the parent’s passport at the time of your birth

a) what does the above mean exactly ?
b) Also we are both British citizens since few years now. So should I tick the above or not ?
c) Do I need to send my British passports or not ?

thanks for your help!

apply4hsmp

Re: British Nationality Status for newborn

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 am

We live in UK and the child is born in UK as well
apply4hsmp wrote:Hi,

I am filing for British passport online application for my daughter born last month and the form says

If you are claiming British nationality on the basis of your parent’s immigration status in the UK rather than British nationality, provide the following: • the parent’s passport at the time of your birth

a) what does the above mean exactly ?
b) Also we are both British citizens since few years now. So should I tick the above or not ?
c) Do I need to send my British passports or not ?

thanks for your help!

Amber
Mood:

Re: British Nationality Status for newborn

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 am

Your British passport valid at the time of the child's UK birth would show the child being British in addition to the child's birth certificate. Alternatively your certificate of naturalisation would do the same thing.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.