ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 help!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tamtts
Newly Registered

Tier 4 help!

Post by Tamtts » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:51 am

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me with my concern. I have been studying in the uk since Jan 2013 doing foundation (which I believe is below degree level) which I finished in august same year and started my BSc in sep 2013 which I will finish this coming june. What I am concerned about is the new april 6 changes to the rules. To me, it sounds like they will count my below degree level time (foundation) when I apply for a new tier 4 visa. I'm concerned as I am going to do diploma (degree level) at LSE which is 9 months in duration and followed by an MSc (9 months) directly after the diploma.
Everything concerning the time limits would be sorted if the foundation times isnt counted and can continue all the way to me finishing my MSc, but if the foundation time (below degree level) is counted, it could jeopardise my chances at attending the MSc.

I appreciate your help with this and I hope I am wrong on the time limit stuff as I am really keen of going all the way through to finishing my MSc :cry: .

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 help!

Post by sah10406 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:33 am

Tamtts wrote:To me, it sounds like they will count my below degree level time (foundation) when I apply for a new tier 4 visa.
What information are you looking at to get this impression? Link?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Tamtts
Newly Registered

Post by Tamtts » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:28 pm

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Linking to the whole statement of changes doesn't really help me. Which specific change is giving you the impression that a course below degree level would be counted included in the 5-year cap?
Tamtts wrote:As well as the below screenshot from UKCISA
UKCISA's information is clear that there are two separate caps: the 2-year cap on study below degree level, and the 5-year cap on study at degree level.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.