ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant IHS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dng_131
India

PBS Dependant IHS

Post by dng_131 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am filling out the IHS online form for my wife and it has asked me to enter the details of the "Remaining with this person in the UK" which is me. After filling these details IHS has calculated only 100.00 GBP instead of 600.00 GBP

Has anyone faced this dilemma? What is the correct figure to pay? Is it necessary to fill in main applicant (Which is me)?

I will call Home Office tomorrow, but meanwhile if you have any knowledge then please help.

Many thanks.

O_Relly

Re: PBS Dependant IHS

Post by O_Relly » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:46 pm

What is your current status ? Are you already on ILR or are you on your PBS visa with Limited Leave to Remain ?
dng_131 wrote:I am filling out the IHS online form for my wife and it has asked me to enter the details of the "Remaining with this person in the UK" which is me.
1. If you are already on ILR, you don't need to fill up for the remaining person.

2. If you are on Limited Leave to Remain, then you should already have an IHS reference number, having already paid it at the time of your extension ?

Am a bit puzzled how did you end with a £100 to be paid ?
Cheers,
OR

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:07 pm

O_Relly wrote:What is your current status ? Are you already on ILR or are you on your PBS visa with Limited Leave to Remain ?
dng_131 wrote:I am filling out the IHS online form for my wife and it has asked me to enter the details of the "Remaining with this person in the UK" which is me.
1. If you are already on ILR, you don't need to fill up for the remaining person.

2. If you are on Limited Leave to Remain, then you should already have an IHS reference number, having already paid it at the time of your extension ?

Am a bit puzzled how did you end with a £100 to be paid ?
Hi O_Relly,

Many thanks for your reply. I am currently on PBS Tier 1 General visa now. And I did not have any IHS ref. number for me when I got my extension back in March 2013.

related to this issue, I called Home Office IHS team and they said because my visa is expiring in 10 days therefore system calculated 100.00 GBP. This 100.00 GBP was showing because I had 10 days visa left on me because I put "remaining person" details. Now on 1st April when I checked again to pay the IHS it showed me 0.00. Surprised right. I was also baffled and worried that I may have done something wrong. and did not know why it came up as 0.00. However I did not pay any thing or pressed "Pay Now". I straightway called Home Office IHS team and they said they are having a bug in their system so I could not pay the right amount which is 600.00.

Person over the phone asked me to send an email to they online support team and then they will send me the correct link to pay the right amount. And then after I will get my wife's IHS number.

So right now I am waiting for the link from their online team.

I am applying for my ILR via post and side by side I will send my wife's PBS extension visa.

Thanks for your concern.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:31 pm

If you have limited leave as a PBS holder, then her leave will be granted to expire on the same date as when your leave expires, under 319D(a). Therefore, if your/her leave will expire in less than six months, then there would be no Immigration Heath Surcharges to pay.

Does she have enough time to travel?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dng_131
India

ILR and PBS dependant application together

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Hello All,

I am going to apply ILR visa by post. (Switching from PBS Tier 1 general to ILR) and my wife is on currently my dependent visa.

1. Do you know if we can apply by post at same time via different postal applications?

2. Home office has recently started the online application for PBS dependent extension. Can I use this service for my wife? (keeping in mind that, my ILR decision will take time due to my postal application)

3. Has anyone used this online service?

Please see the link below for your reference.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

In the link please go to Dependents applying in the UK. See below what is says on the gov.uk page.

""""Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK. Dependants can:

apply online - dependant partner application
apply online - dependant child application
download the paper form
apply in person for the premium service

You must use the paper form if you’re applying as a family group at the same time or using the premium service. """"

This is what is written in the policy guidance.

Introduction:

Paragraph: 3

Where we refer to the dependant of a Tier 1, 2 or 5 migrant, all of these references will also
include those applicants who are applying for further leave to remain in the PBS dependant
category when their sponsor (the Tier 1, 2 or 5 migrant) has gone on to acquire indefinite leave to
remain.
If you are applying as the dependant of a person who has indefinite leave to remain, or
British Citizenship, you should read this guidance as if they were still in their last PBS immigration
category. For example if the person with indefinite leave to remain last held PBS leave in Tier 1,
you should read the guidance as if you are applying as the dependant of a Tier 1 migrant.

So does this mean my wife can apply for this extension while I will be applying for my ILR visa by post?

Many thanks.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:45 pm

vinny wrote:If you have limited leave as a PBS holder, then her leave will be granted to expire on the same date as when your leave expires, under 319D(a). Therefore, if your/her leave will expire in less than six months, then there would be no Immigration Heath Surcharges to pay.

Does she have enough time to travel?

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your reply. She has same expiry date as mine PBS visa. Now the question is I am going to apply for ILR visa via post. So which category she could apply? I opened a new post just now to get some ideas.

My wife is currently with me in the UK.

I have inquired from Home Office that if I am applying for my ILR via post then she does not need to apply for her FLR (M) otherwise her 5 years cycle would start again. As she been with me in the country for more than 28 months. So they advised me to apply for her Tier 1 PBS Dependant visa. So she would be given three year visa or visa until she would qualify for her 5 year stay. Then she can apply for her ILR.

And to get this extension Home Office required IHS no. (In both paper form or online application)

dng_131
India

Re: ILR and PBS dependant application together

Post by dng_131 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Hello all,
Just an update on this, I emailed IHS team in regards to the correct amount and they solved my query. And I also spoke with HO about which visa to apply for my wife.

My both queries been answered now so thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:03 am

dng_131 wrote:Hello all,
Just an update on this, I emailed IHS team in regards to the correct amount and they solved my query. And I also spoke with HO about which visa to apply for my wife.

My both queries been answered now so thanks.
Any particular reason why you don't wish to share the advice you have been given?

I would be particularly interested in what advice HO has given you as they are known for giving out incorrect information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:00 am

Hi CR001,

I never said that I do not want to share the advise given by HO. I am still new to this forum so learning my steps. :-)

Here is what happened..

I emailed IHS online support and they replied to me that I need to remove "Person joining or remaining in the UK" from my wife's IHS application. Because in my wife's first application I added this person's details (Which is me) and in this details you need to put the expiry date of main applicant (Me). Because I had less than 10 days left in my visa so IHS calculated first 100.00 and if your date is <10 days then its 0.00. I started a new application with IHS account and chose my desired category (Which is PBS Tier 1 General dependent) and then IHS gave me correct 600.00 GBP to pay towards my IHS. So I paid the amount and its all done.

For my second question about which visa category I need to choose for my wife's application?

I am applying my ILR via post and my wife does not qualify for ILR yet. I called them HO advised that my wife should go for PBS Tier 1 general dependent extension. She can go for FLR (M) but then her 5 year qualifying cycle would reset and she would loose her previous months stayed in the UK. She can use online form or download paper form and write details and send it to HO with supporting documents with cover letter stating that main applicant is applying for ILR by post (Which is me) and she is applying for an extension by post. HO will decide her application after getting my approval for ILR.

I verified this option by calling them twice on separate days.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks.