ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visit visa while waiting for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

James vm
Newly Registered

Standard visit visa while waiting for spouse visa

Post by James vm » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Good Afternoon,

I would like to ask about my rather unusual circumstances. Both my wife and I currently reside in Indonesia, but I will return to the UK on May the 10th 2016. My wife is Indonesian and I am a UK citizen by birth, we also have a daughter with a British passport. I want my wife to apply for the settlement/spouse visa after I return home and meet the financial requirements, however, during the six months I will have to wait to meet the financial requirements for earnings, I would like her to come and stay on a Standard Visit Visa.

Basically, I will leave 2 months before her and my daughter because then, hopefully, she can come for the six months we have to wait for the requirements to be met, then leave and apply again from Indonesia. Obviously this will cost a lot more money, but our daughter is young and I wouldn't like to be away for them for 8 months.

The problem is my wife's proof of intention to return to Indonesia. She will quit her job before she leaves and has very few reasons to return beyond family ties. She has had 2 visas before and never overstayed, basically we want to be truthful and tell them that the intention to leave is based on wanting to adhere to the stupid rules because she will eventually want to work legally in the UK when she returns on a spouse visa and overstaying would ruin her chances of doing so. Also, that she wants us to be able to travel to and from Indonesia as needed and having a 10 year ban would mess that up.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standard visit visa while waiting for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Unlikely she will get a visitor visa due to the reasons your have acknowledged. UKVI/HO are very much aware of spouses of BC's doing exactly this and have now started scrutinizing and refusing many of the applications. She clearly fails the 'genuine visitor' test.

Do you have a confirmed job offer in the UK?

Do you have savings at all? If so, how much?

Do you not meet the financial requirements with your current earnings?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James vm
Newly Registered

Post by James vm » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:04 pm

No for all three.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:13 pm

If you are prepared to give a European country a go (cheaper immigration process and no financial requirement), have a look at the link below. A few months of you exercising your treaty rights in the EU (not the UK) and you can use the route to come back to the UK with your spouse. Much cheaper option.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James vm
Newly Registered

Post by James vm » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:16 pm

I've read that the Surrinder Singh route is not working for a lot of people right now.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:16 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.