ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: UK Employers Looking For Migrant Workers

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dotted
Newly Registered

Post by dotted » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:21 pm

This is really scary. What support exactly will your company do for a fee 15 pounds?
For instance the list of a;ll companies registered to sponsor foreign workers is publicly displayed on home office website https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -02-28.pdf
currently there are 27457 of them.

These companies would have to advertise the post first for 28 days on two medium. compulsorily on Jobcentre and secondly on any other nationally circulating journal, newspaper or website. This is called resident labour market test. Unfortunately, most jobs are not usually advertised for up to 28 days and secondly when they do so, they are not done on jobcentre website. Where these are available, if a suitably qualified British or European worker is found, then the employer can not offer the job to a foreigner. Just being qualified, experienced and skilled are not enough for you to displace a Citizen from working in his/her own country. No! The business owner/employer must have put some requirements in the advert that you must have but the resident worker has not got..Such requirements must be reasonable not bogus or deliberately inserted to favour you. For instance if Bsc in IT is required for a job, an employer can not put Msc as requirement in the advert that will be overrating and can be argued that the employer has inserted that in order to favour you.

But if the advert says in addition to Bsc the successful applicant must also have certifications in Business analysis, Java, testing this and that which are relevant to the job, then fine if you have it. The salary too must comply with national average for the sector. it should not be unreasonably lowered so as to attract a foreigner.

So these companies can not just get anyone's CV and invite them to apply and straight away offer them job EXCEPT if the job is on shortage skills. In which case the employer can do open day or hunt for candidates.

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:09 pm

in 2011 there was Tier 1 General and there wan't a need for Tier 2 unless the company is already an international company and happen to use some foreigners at the time I remember the count was about 25K so this list only increased about 2K after the homeoffice stopped Tier 1 General and HSMP, which is not that bad.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:18 pm

You've resurrected a thread that is over 2 years old!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.