ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denied entry two years ago - will this affect my Tier 4 now?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nadinehalifax
Newly Registered

Denied entry two years ago - will this affect my Tier 4 now?

Post by nadinehalifax » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:54 am

Hello!

My question has already probably been asked before, but I'm looking for some insight into my specific situation. Two years ago in April 2014 I was denied entry to the UK. I am a Canadian citizen so I didn't need a tourist visa, but I was travelling through Dublin to reach Belfast where I was to stay in a hostel for one month. In exchange for manning the front desk of the hostel for a couple of hours each day, I would be allowed to stay for free. The immigration officer saw this as work, and coupled with the fact that I did not have much money and no ticket to leave, I was denied entry. I was denied entry to the UK, but it all happened in Dublin. I totally understand the reasons for this, it was exceptionally stupid on my part. I have since been granted entry to Ireland twice, but I have not tried to go back to the UK.

Now, I've been accepted to study my Master's degree at King's College London. It would be a dream come true to study there. My plan is to defer for a year so that I can have as much time as possible to sort out my visa and to gather as much money as I can.

My question is: will my student visa be rejected because of this past incident?

Thank you so much for any help at all!

Casa

Re: Denied entry two years ago - will this affect my Tier 4

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:03 pm

It shouldn't adversely affect your Tier-4 application but you must declare it.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.