ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Citizen with UK apprenticeship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ngary09
Newly Registered

US Citizen with UK apprenticeship

Post by ngary09 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:07 pm

It seems nearly impossible to get a visa for work from an unsponsored employer. I have an apprenticeship with a woodworker who is the originator and one of 3 people in the world making a specialized musical instrument. Does ANYONE have information on how I can get sponsorship or a visa, or is the only solution for him to become a sponsor. He was planning on paying me, and I have a place to stay with his ex-wife, so I can basically work for food and rent if I have to to make it possible, I will also be moving with my 3 year old and girlfriend, and will need to stay for atlas 1 year.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AMAZING! THANKS

noajthan

Re: US Citizen with UK apprenticeship

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:39 am

ngary09 wrote:It seems nearly impossible to get a visa for work from an unsponsored employer. I have an apprenticeship with a woodworker who is the originator and one of 3 people in the world making a specialized musical instrument. Does ANYONE have information on how I can get sponsorship or a visa, or is the only solution for him to become a sponsor. He was planning on paying me, and I have a place to stay with his ex-wife, so I can basically work for food and rent if I have to to make it possible, I will also be moving with my 3 year old and girlfriend, and will need to stay for atlas 1 year.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AMAZING! THANKS
Not aware of any viable options really.
My understanding is, even if employer became a sponsor, the post would have to be offered to UK & EU candidates first.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.