ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Process for a minor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Seena

Naturalization Process for a minor

Post by Seena » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:49 am

Dear All,

I am posting this question for my little niece, she is 5 years old and was born in India. Her father got Irish naturalization after her birth. So, she joined her father here in Ireland 3 years ago.

Could anyone please confirm when my little niece can apply for her naturalization ? Is that after 3 years OR after 5 years since she arrived in Ireland based on her father Irish citizenship ?

A detail reply would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks,
Seena

Seena

Re: Naturalization Process for a minor

Post by Seena » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 am

Could someone please advise if it is 3 OR 5 years before a minor can apply for naturalization.... ?

Thanks in advance.....

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:43 am

Seena wrote:Could someone please advise if it is 3 OR 5 years before a minor can apply for naturalization.... ?

Thanks in advance.....
You don't have to wait any further... tell your niece's father to apply for her immediately based on Irish Association). Good luck!

Follow this link: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... on%20Forms

Seena

Post by Seena » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:57 pm

@ KingdomMan

Thanks for your update but my question is still not answered. Can she apply after 3 years being resident in Ireland or after 5 years ?

Thanks,
Seena

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Seena wrote:@ KingdomMan

Thanks for your update but my question is still not answered. Can she apply after 3 years being resident in Ireland or after 5 years ?

Thanks,
Seena
A minor child can be applied for immediately a parent acquires citizenship by naturalization and you don't have to wait for 3 - 5 years. As it is, the child in question can be applied for now coupled with the fact that s/he has spent a minimum of 3 years residing in the state already. The time is right and ripe for an application, so go ahead with... good luck!

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:41 am

HI Seena,

I am not sure that you still follow this forum or not. I am in same situation. Can you please share your time for minor's application.

Regards
RgIrish