ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension and queries

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hammad86
Newly Registered

Extension and queries

Post by hammad86 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:26 am

hello,

first of all i would like to congratulate all members who are helping lots of people through these informative threads .
Coming to my question my extension is due in June 2016 and almost all documents mentioned in policy guidance has been completed .my only concern is my address , initially i used my home address as a registered address (my business is Software development , IT support and providing business solutions). so keep in mind nature of business most of the time i have to use client premises and rest i can do from home to manage and build company software's/websites.
now should i change my register address before extension or will it be fine ? is it ok to keep same address ?Also if i change address to commercial premises do i need to change HMRC company house and address on bank statements as well? please seniors please i need you assistance on it . Your help will be highly appreciated .

JazakAllah

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Should i change registered address

Post by aby00156 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:00 am

If you are still using your home address as your business address then it should not be a problem.

Incase you have changed the address then you need to change it with companies house, HMRC, Bank accounts etc where ever your address is mentioned.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:09 am

hammad86 wrote:hello,

first of all i would like to congratulate all members who are helping lots of people through these informative threads .
Coming to my question my extension is due in June 2016 and almost all documents mentioned in policy guidance has been completed .my only concern is my address , initially i used my home address as a registered address (my business is Software development , IT support and providing business solutions). so keep in mind nature of business most of the time i have to use client premises and rest i can do from home to manage and build company software's/websites.
now should i change my register address before extension or will it be fine ? is it ok to keep same address ?Also if i change address to commercial premises do i need to change HMRC company house and address on bank statements as well? please seniors please i need you assistance on it . Your help will be highly appreciated .

JazakAllah
Running a business from your home is perfectly fine and should not affect your extension application. However there are certain things that your should be aware of. Usually you need to show a banner at the premises saying that you do business here and sometimes you need council permission to conduct business. Also you could be responsible for paying business rates. You are also responsible to take care of insurance, health and safety.

Read: https://www.gov.uk/run-business-from-home

If you choose to change your addresses at any time, you need to let Companies House know and they will update HMRC. You can also update your bank details to receive letters/statements at the new address.

------- More Information --------
Every company has two publicly available addresses associated with it, namely Registered Address and Service address.

Registered address (Registered Office)
This is the official address of your company. It doesn’t have to be the same as your trading address (which is where you conduct most of your day-to-day business), but it’s where all your important letters from HMRC and Companies House will be sent and it’s the one you’ll use on public documents and company literature.

Service address
This is the public address of the company director. It can be acquired by third parties who wish to communicate with the director about the company and can be located anywhere in the world
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hammad86
Newly Registered

Post by hammad86 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Thanks for your informative replies .

Is it possible if I keep the register address same but change only business address ?? For example all marketing mails and business promotions will be from new business address ?

Secondly , if I change register address in company house bank statements and hmrc than at the time of extension do I need to provide home office any extra document?
Please clarify thanks in advance

JazakAllah

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Yes, As I explained your service address can be different. However important Companies House and HMRC communications will only be delivered to your Registered Address.

If you want to change your registered address, you need to make sure that the current appointment report and the last bank statements you send them have the new address. You need to show you are the director of a company which is registered in the UK to be awarded points for your extension.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 am

zimba88 wrote:Yes, As I explained your service address can be different. However important Companies House and HMRC communications will only be delivered to your Registered Address.

If you want to change your registered address, you need to make sure that the current appointment report and the last bank statements you send them have the new address. You need to show you are the director of a company which is registered in the UK to be awarded points for your extension.
I have the same question we changed our registered address from our home address 3 months ago it appears on company house and hmrc but we never changed it to our business bank statement its still showing the previous address on statements and we are applying our extension in 2 weeks will there be any problem or is it ok if we still change the address with our bank ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:05 am

waqas734 wrote:
zimba88 wrote:Yes, As I explained your service address can be different. However important Companies House and HMRC communications will only be delivered to your Registered Address.

I have the same question we changed our registered address from our home address 3 months ago it appears on company house and hmrc but we never changed it to our business bank statement its still showing the previous address on statements and we are applying our extension in 2 weeks will there be any problem or is it ok if we still change the address with our bank ?

There is no such requirement for your bank statement to show the registered address. It can be your service address or even personal address. However you look more genuine if all your documents have consistently the same addresses on them.

hammad86
Newly Registered

Address issue for extension please need help

Post by hammad86 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Hello,

My extension is due in July 2016 , my business is based in Surrey and we provide IT and management services .
Basically my confusion is my parmanent address is in Sheffield and my family lives their . I stay in London 2-3 days and rented a share accommodation because of business I have to come . My other partner lives in London .
Today my soliciter made me worried and said your parmanent address should be in London in your bank statement while I was using Sheffield address . Does it really matter ? He said use shared accommodation address which is in London but I am confused because if I change address now I have to change al addresses and secondly shared accommodation is not save for me .

Please seniors I need your help and kind suggestion because my solicitor says if u use shefield address than its your responsibility :( .. Urgent help needed

zimba
Mood:

Re: Extension and queries

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:34 pm

The addresses you put on your application bear little effect on the actual decision of your application (except for your business address that must be registered in the uk obviously)
Your solicitor is also NOT going to be responsible under any circumstance for the outcome of your application.
There are no rules that would lead to refusal of an extension application based on your residential address.
If you have several addresses on your application for whatever reason, HO might think that you are up to something and therefore investigate you further but that is not really a ground for refusal on its own.

hammad86
Newly Registered

Post by hammad86 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Basically I have only one parmanent address in shefield infact in my initial application I mentioned address in shefield . We provide IT services and most of the time we have to work on client site but sometime when I have to stay in London I stay with my friends in their house . And ofcourse business is registered in London as well and my partner also lives in London and stay in office and manage management and marketing issues .
My concern is only this last month shall I change address or I should not be worry about this thing ? I have spoken with people and al have mix reviews about it . Senior please anyone who had similar situation

hammad86
Newly Registered

Post by hammad86 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:19 am

Anybody wants to add some comment so that if I have to change my address I go ahead . Thanks a lot

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:34 am

As said by other members
  • Your Permanent Address has very little to do with your visa.
  • Yes since your permanent address and business address are miles apart, your application could raise minor doubts in ECO's mind, hence there are chances he might do some additional checks on your application.
  • There are slim chances for you being called for an interview.
  • You can write a covering letter stating your business details and how you trade / manage.
  • Bare in mind that they can not refuse your visa just for this sole reason if you manage to score all the points as per immigration rules.
  • I would recommend you to write a London based address on your form as you said your business is set in London.
  • Having a different address in companies house register is not an issue.
Note: This is just my view and solely my opinion.

hammad86
Newly Registered

Post by hammad86 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:44 am

aby00156 wrote:As said by other members
  • Your Permanent Address has very little to do with your visa.
  • Yes since your permanent address and business address are miles apart, your application could raise minor doubts in ECO's mind, hence there are chances he might do some additional checks on your application.
  • There are slim chances for you being called for an interview.
  • You can write a covering letter stating your business details and how you trade / manage.
  • Bare in mind that they can not refuse your visa just for this sole reason if you manage to score all the points as per immigration rules.
  • I would recommend you to write a London based address on your form as you said your business is set in London.
  • Having a different address in companies house register is not an issue.
Note: This is just my view and solely my opinion.
Thanks for your detailed reply.
I can put address of London in application form of my partner but what about my maintenance bank statement do I have to change that as well because my solicitor says change your address on bank as well .

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:23 pm

I can put address of London in application form of my partner but what about my maintenance bank statement do I have to change that as well because my solicitor says change your address on bank as well .
change it if you can, you just need to go to the counter of the bank to change it, that's no difficult.
Just be on the safe side.

hammad86
Newly Registered

Post by hammad86 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:01 pm

aby00156 wrote:
change it if you can, you just need to go to the counter of the bank to change it, that's no difficult.
Just be on the safe side.
Yes I was thinking the same . Thanks a lot aby00156 for your time