ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with EU fam member to UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aamir_90
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling with EU fam member to UK

Post by Aamir_90 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:50 am

Hamza2013 wrote:Hi Danny65,

The process of entering UK is clearly mentioned on Uk give website, they have advised to apply for family permit before entering Uk in order to avoid any delays/problems on boarder, the family permit usually take 10 days, once you attain family permit and in Uk u can apply for EEa2 straight away,
Hi hamza sorry to interrupt. I have been looking to get some advice to bring my dependent parents to Ireland, can you please help me out ? Please

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi Aamir_90,

Certainly i can share my experiences with you. This board if fill with very informative information, please let me know if you have any specific question.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:15 am

I have stamp 4 eufam.

We would like to visit England for holidays and it says on website that I am exempted to apply for UK visa but at the same time they recommend applying for Family permit just to be on the safe side.

My question is for Family permit do we have to go to embassy in Dublin personally ? Or we can send documents by post? As we live far from Dublin and would need to take day off work

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Danny65 wrote:Thanks kunfayakun
Do you know what documents do i need and how do i apply?
Try google - failing that start here:
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview

In case its not clear, apply online unless you live in North Korea.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 pm

masterboy123 wrote:I have stamp 4 eufam.

We would like to visit England for holidays and it says on website that I am exempted to apply for UK visa but at the same time they recommend applying for Family permit just to be on the safe side.

My question is for Family permit do we have to go to embassy in Dublin personally ? Or we can send documents by post? As we live far from Dublin and would need to take day off work
I recently applied for family permit and got it after 15 days. You need to apply online then send the documents by post then need to go to the dublin call center to do the finger prints and photo. It's better to get a family permit even though you are only visiting so no explaining before you board the plane or in the immigration.

anvish

Post by anvish » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:06 pm

hi Mystica09

how many original documents you send to get FP
I mean marriage certificate and passports etc.
thank you

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:46 am

anvish wrote:hi Mystica09

how many original documents you send to get FP
I mean marriage certificate and passports etc.
thank you
I sent all original documents I sent for EU1
Updated bank statements, work contracts, bills, and I photo copy the letter from INIS saying I have a 5 years Stamp4Eu and the stamp4eu card photo copy

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:02 am

That's great. Thanks for the info
Mystica09 wrote:
masterboy123 wrote:I have stamp 4 eufam.

I recently applied for family permit and got it after 15 days. You need to apply online then send the documents by post then need to go to the dublin call center to do the finger prints and photo. It's better to get a family permit even though you are only visiting so no explaining before you board the plane or in the immigration.