ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Postal services

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

UK Postal services

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi,

I had ordered a statement of Comparability from NARIC and they dispatched it on 15th April. I still haven't received it and it's holding up my application. :(

I had sent it via the standard airmail option. There is another option called "International Signed For" which is registered post. It's also sent via UK Royal Mail (Government mail I presume)

I am thinking of ordering a replacement statement. Does anyone know if this option comes with tracking? If so , does the tracking extend to the Indian end of the delivery chain (where I suspect the delay happens) ? The option costs 8 GPB.

The NARIC website also offers DHL courier but it's insanely expensive at 80 GBP

geriatrix

Re: Postal services

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Royal Mail

FWIW, did you not receive the letter in "5 days" as you asserted before?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: Postal services

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:11 pm

geriatrix wrote:Royal Mail

FWIW, did you not receive the letter in "5 days" as you asserted before?
Thanks! I had googled but didn't see this page. Tracking till the letter leaving the UK isn't that useful because it's the local post office in India which causes the most delay :(

I had received the ELA statement in 5 days. They dispatched it on a Thursday and the letter was delivered on Tuesday. But the statement of comparability which was applied a week later hasn't yet arrived. Today was the 7th day after dispatching.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: UK Postal services

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 am

Got the SoC today. It took 10 days (5 working days) to get delivered