ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Entrepreneur questions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Entrepreneur2014
BANNED

Tier1 Entrepreneur questions

Post by Entrepreneur2014 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:43 am

Hi Every one,
-Iam in 50k route, if I transfer 50k into my business acct from my personal acct and showed them as directors loan , is this called investment ? Just sending the money into bussiness acct itself comes under investment ? and is it complusory to spend all the 50k before going for extension ?
for example : only 25-30k has been spend in the form of paying employees,paying CA,paying office rent,insurance n other expenses , and offcorse I wont be paying myself as the director from that 50K.so the remaning 20k will still be in the business account as directors loan by the time if we go for visa extension. Then will this 20k also can be counted as investment with out spending them ?
- Does Directors loan have any specific time that how many months the loan should be ? can I loan to my company for less than 3-6 months or will this 3-6 months will be too short time and will that be a problem ? - company can repay the loan early(ie: 3-6 months) as well right ? even though the loan repayment period is bit long (if 1 year) ?

-Is it complusory to have an office for my business according to the rules ?, as I operate mostly only form my home which has good working space too and also iam not including my house rent as my office rent and is it compulsory to have insurance for my company according to the rules ?

Please all the experienced gurus, help me in clarifing my doubts. Thanks alot

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier1 Entrepreneur Investment questions

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:01 pm

-Iam in 50k route, if I transfer 50k into my business acct from my personal acct and showed them as directors loan , is this called investment ? Just sending the money into bussiness acct itself comes under investment ? and is it complusory to spend all the 50k before going for extension ?
for example : only 25-30k has been spend in the form of paying employees,paying CA,paying office rent,insurance n other expenses , and offcorse I wont be paying myself as the director from that 50K.so the remaning 20k will still be in the business account as directors loan by the time if we go for visa extension. Then will this 20k also can be counted as investment with out spending them ?
First of all you need to read the guide which clearly explains what you need to show for your investment.
There is no requirement for the money to be spent in full in your business but HO can question you on credibility of your business given that you have to continue business activity and employment after your extension.
- Does Directors loan have any specific time that how many months the loan should be ? can I loan to my company for less than 3-6 months or will this 3-6 months will be too short time and will that be a problem ? - company can repay the loan early(ie: 3-6 months) as well right ? even though the loan repayment period is bit long (if 1 year) ?
There is no such requirement but I suggest to draft a loan agreement that covers all 5 year period of your visa. Again HO has the right to question you on why your drafted a loan with a very short period.
-Is it complusory to have an office for my business according to the rules ?, as I operate mostly only form my home which has good working space too and also iam not including my house rent as my office rent and is it compulsory to have insurance for my company according to the rules ?
No it is not required to have an office but your business activity must be legitimate and genuine. HO has the right to question the credibility of your business at any time. If you are running a business from home, you need to comply with certain regulations. You can find more information on Gov.uk website
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Entrepreneur2014
BANNED

Re: Tier1 Entrepreneur Investment questions

Post by Entrepreneur2014 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Thank you very much Zamba for the response and suggestions, Great help.