ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROR AND PR ENQUIRIES

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pessoam
Newly Registered

ROR AND PR ENQUIRIES

Post by pessoam » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:25 pm

Hey digixplorer, hope you are well!

Sorry to intrude but have you made your decision yet?

My case is pretty similar to yours. I got married in April 2013 and we are starting the divorce now. My RC is valid until June/2018 but I was planning to apply for ROR straight away.

I just want to understand how is it possible to stay in the UK after the decree absolute is issued? My undestanding is that you lose your rights once you stop being a family member.
Also, is it a requirement to have lived together for 5 years to get PR?

Could anyone please help clarifying that?

Thanks a lot,
M

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: ROR AND PR ENQUIRIES

Post by Wise » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Wait until the your RC is nearly expire and apply for PR.

Most importantly, you must have your ex treaty right till when absolute was issued with the application and your employment paperwork from that day till your RC expiry date. Otherwise it will be refused.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.