ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LONDON

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Re: INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LOND

Post by Indian1155 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks.. I am waiting too

Gnanasekar

Post by Gnanasekar » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:47 am

Indian1155 wrote:Thanks.. I am waiting too
I just emailed this morning to att.passport@hcilondon.in providing first name, last name and passport number and belwo is the response.

"The new passport has already been issued.

It will be posted shortly, if stamped self addressed return envelope has been provided. Please DO NOT come in person."

The last bit is so obvious they want people to keep away from HCI office but for that we need better tracking facility :)

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Thanks for the update. I applied a day before than yours. and bought the special delivery at HCILondon. I am yet to receive.

Gnanasekar

Post by Gnanasekar » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Gnanasekar wrote:
Indian1155 wrote:Thanks.. I am waiting too
I just emailed this morning to att.passport@hcilondon.in providing first name, last name and passport number and belwo is the response.

"The new passport has already been issued.

It will be posted shortly, if stamped self addressed return envelope has been provided. Please DO NOT come in person."

The last bit is so obvious they want people to keep away from HCI office but for that we need better tracking facility :)
Received mine today :)

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:10 pm

WOW..great news..

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:14 pm

You gave your own envelope or purchased from HCL

kurpt1
Newly Registered

Post by kurpt1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi,

@ Indian1155 - Did you got ur passport ?

I Applied for Passport Re-Issue on 20th Nov @ HCI London and still did not get my Passport and my travel is scheduled for 13th Dec 2014. Not sure if I get my passport back before that. What should be further procedures if I dont get within time and also my VISA is expiring on 16th Dec 2014

Gnanasekar

Post by Gnanasekar » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Indian1155 wrote:You gave your own envelope or purchased from HCL
Bought one from the counter mate.

Turnaround time for mine was 14 working days in my case.
kurpt1 wrote:Hi,

@ Indian1155 - Did you got ur passport ?

I Applied for Passport Re-Issue on 20th Nov @ HCI London and still did not get my Passport and my travel is scheduled for 13th Dec 2014. Not sure if I get my passport back before that. What should be further procedures if I dont get within time and also my VISA is expiring on 16th Dec 2014
You can email to the Id I mentioned earlier and ask for expedition based on the case.

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi,

I havent received yet. I applied on 17th. I got the same response from the appt.Passport when I emailed them.

Have to check when I get back home today..

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,

I received myne on Saturday..

kurpt1
Newly Registered

Post by kurpt1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:45 am

Hi, Would someone help provide information. Got a reply from att.passport that I might get passport still in 10-15 working days and my VISA is ending by 16 - Dec 2014 and might not get the passport before that and I have my travel booked for 13th Dec 2014. What should I do if I dont get my Passport. Havent got information though I sent an email to them.

manimaran

Post by manimaran » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi,

I applied on the 21st November 2014 @ London and mailed them today requesting the status. Below is what I got from them:

"
The applications are still being processed.

At present, we regret that processing of passport applications are taking longer than usual due to operational and technical issues.

It is minimum 10 to 15 working days.

"

Cheers,
Mani

anoops1984

Post by anoops1984 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi,

I applied for my passport renewal on 19th November and got my new passport on 9th December with date of issue 4th December.

LondonerIndian
Newly Registered

Post by LondonerIndian » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 am

Hello Mani,

Any luck with your passport?

Thanks.

ravi_ei

Post by ravi_ei » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:21 am

Hi All,

I am planning to renew my passport in May 2014 from HCI London. I am planning to give a personal application but I have some questions. I live in Northern Ireland and I will be flying to London for this. I want to know will the HCI london staff keep the BRPs with them or they will return it immediately at the window after checking and only keep the copies?

I need the BRP to fly back to Northern Ireland.

Thanks
-Ravi

hydviv
Newly Registered

Post by hydviv » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:47 am

Ravi,

BRP is your original document and they would not hold any of the originals with them.
They keep the self attested photo copies only.
Since you are flying from NI, if I were you, I would make sure all the documentation is complete before flying and this includes taking an online appointment to HCI london. (they dont have currently any slot till mid of Jan 2015)

nn7
Newly Registered

Post by nn7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea about current turnaround time? Submitted my application for re-issue on Friday, Feb 13th, haven't got it back yet. On the counter they said the application can be tracked online but I can't find the link to track my application.

mmk622
Newly Registered

Post by mmk622 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:22 pm

I am planning to renew my Indian passport which is expiring soon Sep 2015 in HCL London. Following are the documents which I am planning to carry.
Please suggest if anything document is missing.
1) Application with 2 passports (35 X 45 with white background)
2) Xerox copies of first,last and valid UK VISA page
3) 29£ fee
4) Planning to change permanent address. So, I will carry my original Aadhar card with my permanent India address.
5) Planning to add my wife name in it. I will carry our original marriage certificate.

I have only Aadhar card for y address proof. Will that be suffice. Please suggest.

Thank you,
Murali

prabhus14
Newly Registered

Post by prabhus14 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:30 am

Hello,

Can someone confirm the dimension for the photo for passport renewal. The application form says 2x2 inch where as people have been saying different ones in the posts.

Thanks,
Prabhu

Indiangirl83
Newly Registered

Post by Indiangirl83 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:39 am

mmk622 wrote:I am planning to renew my Indian passport which is expiring soon Sep 2015 in HCL London. Following are the documents which I am planning to carry.
Please suggest if anything document is missing.
1) Application with 2 passports (35 X 45 with white background)
2) Xerox copies of first,last and valid UK VISA page
3) 29£ fee
4) Planning to change permanent address. So, I will carry my original Aadhar card with my permanent India address.
5) Planning to add my wife name in it. I will carry our original marriage certificate.

I have only Aadhar card for y address proof. Will that be suffice. Please suggest.

Thank you,
Murali
Do you not need the NQ form from UKBA (£85 fee) to prove you are not a british citizen? According to vfs global, if your indian passport is going to expire within the next 12 months, they state its needed in the required docs,

see here
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/NEW_Indian_Passport.html#1

If the applicant holds a ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ Visa or Card, Applicant needs to obtain a NON Acquisition Certificate(NQ) from the British Home Office, confirming that he/she has not acquired British Nationality.

I am assuming you hold an ILR? If not, disregard my post.

Pankaj1979
Newly Registered

Post by Pankaj1979 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi All,

I've recently got my Indian passport renewed at London. My passport was to expire in December but I needed a new passport so that I can get my visa extended. And I've faced all the hurdles there is to face and I wanted to share my experience with everyone so that they don't make the same mistake. Here it goes:

I got the appointment from VFS website for the next day. I noted the docs required and got the copies photocopied.
1. Passport copy - Front/Back and UK Visa pages (I xeroxed all the visa pages just to be on the safer side - didn't needed them)
2. Marriage Certificate since I wanted my wife's name to be added
3. Wife's passport - Front/Back and UK Visa pages (as mentioned in point 2)
If you for any reason forget to take photocopies, dont worry you can get it at the VFS center.

As per the requirement, I got my passport pics snapped - Make sure they are 2"x2" and you would need 4 of them. No less. And they are very particular about the photo size and numbers. Again, for any reason you forget, VFS has a photo booth.

I chose Paddington VFS office and got out of my office on time and reached the VFS office 15 minutes late cause of tube delays. Make sure you download the route from VFS website as the location is bit tricky. The path mentioned in the pdf along with small landmarks is very good - get a printout if possible. Even though I was bit late, gaurd was OK and he asked me about my application and online form printouts. And I was shocked as there were no online form link mentioned in VFS. I argued with him and he told me that either I can cancel my appointment and re-book a new one once I fill the form online or I can fill the form and get a printout from somewhere. I was very angry because VFS website doesn't clearly mention that I have to fill an online form. I later got to know that there is a link given in the PDF which I missed. Anyhoo .. I went back to Paddington and located an Internet cafe where I filled the form and got the printouts. It took me one hour to find and get the prints. I rushed back to VFS and the gaurd who asked me come with prints was changed with someone esle. He agreed to give me number (to wait for my turn) after breif questioning why I was 2 hours late.

Finally my number came and I went to the counter where the girl asked me to fill the rest of the form (online you will have to fill only few fields). I filled the details and went back to the counter where she took my docs. She asked to get my wife's passport to be signed by my wife. I had to tell her that my wife isn't with me so she agreed for me to sign those docs too. Finally I was about to give them the GBP 52 fees when she asked me if I have 2 envelopes so that the docs (original) and new passprot can be sent to me. Again this wasn't mentioned clearly on the website. So i had to take VFS's courior which added another 40 pounds to the fees. Actually GBP52 is just the fees -they add VAT etc to it so its not exactly 52.

So case in point
1. Make sure you have filled online form and get the appointment at apt time.
2. Take copies of all required documents
3. 4 passport size pics - 2"x2"
4. 2 pre-stamped envelopes - One big and one small

My passport and original docs arrived within 10 working days.

madhav24
Newly Registered

Post by madhav24 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi,

want to re-new my Indian passport, is there any clear points that i needs to follow. I mean what are the all the documents required and eetc.

Bonu
Newly Registered

Post by Bonu » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi Pankaj,

I am applying for re-issue of my passport too. I can't seem to find the link to the online form you mentioned in your post. Could you please direct me toward the link where the form could be submitted online.

Also, There is an Online Registration Form, do we need to fill that too for passport re-issue?

Thank you so much for the help.

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:18 am

In the passport renewal online form there are 2 addresses to be mentioned -
Address to be printed on passport and Other address.

Does anyone know what we need to fill in the "Other address"? Does it need to be the UK address or we can mention the same Indian address we want to be printed on the passport?

ag24
Newly Registered

Post by ag24 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:41 am

Has anyone applied for re-issue of Indian passport under Tatkaal at the High Commission recently? What was the duration of the validity of the passport? What documentary proof was required, if any?