ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Application from India

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused_man
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Application from India

Post by confused_man » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:28 am

Hello all,
I got suggestion from a friend that this forum is really helpful and provides accurate solution for any problems in immigration matters.

I was on tier-2 visa in UK and I left UK voluntarily. Now i am going to apply for a tier 1 Entrepreneur visa from India (£200K route funds already in UK account). I have few options in applying in this category below are the details.

Plan 1.

we form a team with shared investment. and then come to UK and set-up a business from scratch and grow it.

Or

Plan 2.
We have an option of buying a shares in a company. Against the investment a company is ready to issue a share certificate. Does this kind of investment complies with the Tier 1 Guidelines. If i already make an investment, then can UKBA turns up and say that kind of investment is not counted. Guidelines are bit confusing to me.

Please advice which option is better and easy with less paper work.

I have list of documents available with me please advice weather its correct or do i need to add more documents.

1.) Passports (both).
2.) Bank statements. (both)
3.) Third party declaration as to prove source of funds as both have funds in their accounts for less than 90 days.
4.) Third party declarations between the team members.
5.) 2 passport size photos(both).
6.) U.K degree to prove English (both).
7.) T.B screening reports (both)
8.) Police clearance certificate (both)
9.) Business Plan.

Am I missing any documents apart from above listed documents?

Thanks in advance.

Gaurav

seasky
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Application from India

Post by seasky » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:03 pm

What line of business do you want to build/grow?

confused_man
Newly Registered

Post by confused_man » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks for reply seasky.

Update: We have cancelled the plan A. Now we are sticking to plan B.

We have an XYZ company ready to issue shares against our investment.

Well can we invest in the company and apply for visa after the investment made in the company or apply for visa first and then make investment.

Can you advice which is easier and will make application more easy.

Also, Can you answer that the given list of documents are correct for application or please advice what documents we need to provide for application in either scenarios.

Thanks

Gaurav.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:25 pm

You didn't actually answer my question. I know the refusal rate for T1E in China is 75% I would assume it is also very high in India.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:47 pm

confused_man wrote:Hello all,
I got suggestion from a friend that this forum is really helpful and provides accurate solution for any problems in immigration matters.

Plan 2.
We have an option of buying a shares in a company. Against the investment a company is ready to issue a share certificate. Does this kind of investment complies with the Tier 1 Guidelines. If i already make an investment, then can UKBA turns up and say that kind of investment is not counted. Guidelines are bit confusing to me.

Thanks in advance.

Gaurav
Yes this is a fantastic immigration forum but it appears you really require business-focused advice.

Suggest quoting the elements of immigration guidelines that confuse you and ask about them specifically.

Looking for 'easy options' may not be an appropriate mindset for the challenging and risk-laden migration route you are preparing for.

Note: there is no 'UKBA' anymore - its UKVI and HO now. Suggest ensuring you are making decisions based on latest information.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

confused_man
Newly Registered

Post by confused_man » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 pm

seasky wrote:You didn't actually answer my question. I know the refusal rate for T1E in China is 75% I would assume it is also very high in India.
Sorry Seasky due to the non disclosure agreement in place I will only be able to reveal some details. I am an IT profession and my partner is a business graduate and has a experience in exporting healthcare products.
This company that we are talking about serves the local community as well as exports to many countries internationally and we willbe adding to the workforce with our experience in our specific departments and be induced as directors.

We are excited about this proposal and are trying to understand a way in which we can get into the company and start working and make some money. we are genuine entrepreneurs and want to prove it even if it means investing the money in the company and become shareholders even before we apply for the visa. Is that permissible? There are articles about previous investments but they talk about becoming directors and being actively involved in the business which we will not be at this stage.

Any guidance on if this is allowed and how it will work would be helpful.

Thanks

confused_man
Newly Registered

Post by confused_man » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:31 pm

noajthan wrote:
confused_man wrote:Hello all,

Plan 2.

Thanks in advance.

Gaurav
Yes this is a fantastic immigration forum but it appears you really require business-focused advice.

Suggest quoting the elements of immigration guidelines that confuse you and ask about them specifically.

Looking for 'easy options' may not be an appropriate mindset for the challenging and risk-laden migration route you are preparing for.

Note: there is no 'UKBA' anymore - its UKVI and HO now. Suggest ensuring you are making decisions based on latest information.
I guess I might have confused you here. I am not looking for business advise rather am looking for what reduce the amount of papersork that I have to prepare and make the case easy to understand for the caseworker, that is what I actually meant by easy.

The business route that is risky is actually exciting for me so I would rather enjoy than take it as a burden, it would help me concentrate more on work and do a better job when I am at it.

Getting back to the immigration bit, as mentioned in my last post we are serious about getting into this business and start working so we are looking at ways of making the case as simple for the caseworker and so are wondering if we can invest in the company and become shareholders before we apply for our tier 1 visa and if that is allowed what sort of paperwork would we need as we are not directors or actively involved in the working of the company.

Any response on if this is permissible and the supporting paperwork required to prove that we have invested would be appreciated.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 am

You certainly can invest in an existing business and apply for Tier 1E visa based on that but expect great scrutiny from HO under genuine entrepreneur test.
You need to show solid reason on why you are investing in a business and why you should be given a visa to come to the UK to join that business. For example you should show that you have crucial expertise/experience/background in the line of work a business is involved in and your investment and involvement would make all the difference. You should be able to demonstrate that you can heavily influence the work and business in that company and you are not acting simply as an investor (as there is obviously a different immigration route for investors) The desire to invest and work in a company is not really going to make a strong case.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice