ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother of british child granted 2.5years in 10yr route flrfp

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Reus

Mother of british child granted 2.5years in 10yr route flrfp

Post by Reus » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi forum gurus and members,
Please ineed ur ideas regarding this matter.thanks in advance
please i am asking this question on behalf of a friend who has been granted leave to remain in the 10yr route as a mother of a british child and plans to marry her current boyfriend but who is in the country illegally.I want to know if its even actually possible for her to support the "husband to be" and him be granted a leave to remain aswell.Thankyou.

Reus

Re: Mother of british child granted 2.5years in 10yr route f

Post by Reus » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Reus wrote:Hi forum gurus and members,
Please ineed ur ideas regarding this matter.thanks in advance
please i am asking this question on behalf of a friend who has been granted leave to remain in the 10yr route as a mother of a british child and plans to marry her current boyfriend but who is in the country illegally.I want to know if its even actually possible for her to support the "husband to be" and him be granted a leave to remain aswell.Thankyou.
Asumming the husband to be was to apply as a dependant...

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:05 pm

As your friend doesn't have settled status, she is unable to sponsor her boyfriend as a dependent.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Reus

Post by Reus » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:22 pm

Alrite casa. thats enough explanation to show to her. thanks very much for your reply.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:26 am

Reus wrote:Alrite casa. thats enough explanation to show to her. thanks very much for your reply.
Your friend also needs to be aware that even if she had settled status, her boyfriend wouldn't be able to apply for an unmarried partner or spouse visa from within the UK. Neither would marriage make him legal.
Is she also aware that the intention to marry can only be registered at a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview them both if they choose to do so. Without knowing all the circumstances of her boyfriends illegal stay in the UK, there is a possibility that he could be detained before the wedding can take place.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Reus

Post by Reus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:56 am

Yes casa that makes sense very much, the only issus was that she thought as it says ucan include your dependants on ur application form so if she was married to him then she could include him as her dependant but obvz that still wudnt work out igues.. thanks very much for the info much appreciated.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:21 am

Reus wrote:Yes casa that makes sense very much, the only issus was that she thought as it says ucan include your dependants on ur application form so if she was married to him then she could include him as her dependant but obvz that still wudnt work out igues.. thanks very much for the info much appreciated.
No, it definitely wouldn't work.
(Casa, not CR001)