ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Bilbil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
D13 wrote:KingdomMan, based on your experience, when we can expect the next citizenship ceremony?
thanks for you effort
Next citizenship ceremony could be in July 2016. It was a very large turnout of candidates at the last April 26 ceremony, however, there was no Minister's presence. I foresee another large roll out of approvals soon. All should keep positive!
And Approvals could be rolling out this May. Am I right?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Bilbil wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
D13 wrote:KingdomMan, based on your experience, when we can expect the next citizenship ceremony?
thanks for you effort
Next citizenship ceremony could be in July 2016. It was a very large turnout of candidates at the last April 26 ceremony, however, there was no Minister's presence. I foresee another large roll out of approvals soon. All should keep positive!
And Approvals could be rolling out this May. Am I right?
Most likely!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 pm

I hope the next batch of approvals will roll out soon and hoping that, I'm one of the lucky ones. I emailed citizenship office 3 days ago. And my application is still on the advance stage. Well lets all wish for an approval letter in our hands SOON!!!xx

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:56 pm

Hey guys. I am sorry if I am asking at the wrong forum but just wanted to know. Does anyone know what "An assessment of an applicant’s financial status is conducted" means? Do they do credit scoring? Any thresholds? I am a bit worried because despite being in full time employment for the last 4.5 years, I have been at the bottom of my bank's overdraft limit for about six months now. Just difficult to make ends meet with all the expenses. I am due to apply in August. And I have never applied for benefits, never will.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 am

KingdomMan wrote:Next citizenship ceremony could be in July 2016.
and then some weeks for passports - probably the best way is to plan holidays in Ireland.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:37 am

Hi, wife took the oath and got naturalisation certificate on Tuesday. Yesterday we went to the clondaklin office to get the Public Service Card, and they will send it within 10 days as they said.

On top of these documents in order to get the first passport she needs to send the birth certificate which we have it also with the apostile and an official translation into English from home country (Argentina). but in the web site they are asking to have it translated here in Ireland.
Does anyone have first hand information about it? I sent an email to the passport office but still waiting for their feedback. I do not want to waste time sending everything as it is and then get it back neither lose money getting it translated another time.

Many thx

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:21 am

jumanufer wrote:Hi, wife took the oath and got naturalisation certificate on Tuesday. Yesterday we went to the clondaklin office to get the Public Service Card, and they will send it within 10 days as they said.

On top of these documents in order to get the first passport she needs to send the birth certificate which we have it also with the apostile and an official translation into English from home country (Argentina). but in the web site they are asking to have it translated here in Ireland.
Does anyone have first hand information about it? I sent an email to the passport office but still waiting for their feedback. I do not want to waste time sending everything as it is and then get it back neither lose money getting it translated another time.

Many thx
Hi, to my knowledge the translation of the birth certificate has to be done by a registered translator here in Ireland from this website http://www.translatorsassociation.ie/.
The passport office don't answer their emails, you will receive a much quicker answer if you contact them via twitter https://twitter.com/PassportIRL either by sending a tweet or a DM, they reply quite fast usually.
Let us know about the answer you will receive as this piece of information will defo help many people in the forum :).

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:43 am

Peace2804 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:Hi, wife took the oath and got naturalisation certificate on Tuesday. Yesterday we went to the clondaklin office to get the Public Service Card, and they will send it within 10 days as they said.

Many thx
Hi, to my knowledge the translation of the birth certificate has to be done by a registered translator here in Ireland from this website http://www.translatorsassociation.ie/.
The passport office don't answer their emails, you will receive a much quicker answer if you contact them via twitter https://twitter.com/PassportIRL either by sending a tweet or a DM, they reply quite fast usually.
Let us know about the answer you will receive as this piece of information will defo help many people in the forum :).

Many thanks, I have never used Twitter but I just opened the account and sent them the message. As soon as it is confirmed I will post the answer here
I understand as you said, most likely I will need a new translation or maybe a certification of the translation from the embassy is enough. Let's see

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi all, I just got the answer in twitter and they confirmed me that if the original translation was done by an official source in Argentina and it was accepted by the Department of Justice, then it is ok. So no need to re-translate it!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed May 04, 2016 8:59 am

Hello folks, it's all so quiet here... Not to worry, good news coming the way of all soon. Hopefully as from the coming week, approvals should be rolling out in the posts.

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Wed May 04, 2016 9:24 am

KingdomMan wrote:Hello folks, it's all so quiet here... Not to worry, good news coming the way of all soon. Hopefully as from the coming week, approvals should be rolling out in the posts.
Hip hip. Hope we will all be part of the approvals. So anxious. From next week right?

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:11 am

It's Ireland,
Lots of people are taking holidays this week, so IMO only next week, or the week after - it's on the way anyway

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Wed May 04, 2016 1:26 pm

[bkingdomMan do you how long does it take after an application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. pleaase can you let me know how many week before the approval arrive

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:20 pm

KingdomMan, do you think it's plausible to get stamp 6 after the citizenship ceremony? It's busy in passport office now, and first time application for adult can take 20+ working days, i.e. month. It means if the next ceremony is held in July my family is out of holidays.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed May 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Isobrinho wrote:[bkingdomMan do you how long does it take after an application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. pleaase can you let me know how many week before the approval arrive
'Advance stage of processing' speaks for itself. That means the process is nearing finality and you should get the much awaited news in the next couple of weeks or at most a month.

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Wed May 04, 2016 3:37 pm

thank you kingdomMan for your advice
KingdomMan wrote:
Isobrinho wrote:[bkingdomMan do you how long does it take after an application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. pleaase can you let me know how many week before the approval arrive
'Advance stage of processing' speaks for itself. That means the process is nearing finality and you should get the much awaited news in the next couple of weeks or at most a month.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed May 04, 2016 3:40 pm

D13 wrote:KingdomMan, do you think it's plausible to get stamp 6 after the citizenship ceremony? It's busy in passport office now, and first time application for adult can take 20+ working days, i.e. month. It means if the next ceremony is held in July my family is out of holidays.
Why go apply for a stamp 6 after you've been awarded citizenship (naturalisation certificate)? Pending the time you put in an application for a passport, You can always travel on holidays with your family in as much you have visas to your country of destination and can return here to Ireland presenting your naturalisation certificate as a citizen at the border of entry.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:16 pm

KingdomMan wrote: Why go apply for a stamp 6 after you've been awarded citizenship (naturalisation certificate)? Pending the time you put in an application for a passport, You can always travel on holidays with your family in as much you have visas to your country of destination and can return here to Ireland presenting your naturalisation certificate as a citizen at the border of entry.
it's Lufthansa or Ryanair staff I'm concerned about, they can refuse boarding. Is there any official article I can print confirming the magic power of the naturalization certificate? Maybe it's worth contacting INIS for this.
btw, don't the certificate get taken at the passport office?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed May 04, 2016 4:29 pm

D13 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote: Why go apply for a stamp 6 after you've been awarded citizenship (naturalisation certificate)? Pending the time you put in an application for a passport, You can always travel on holidays with your family in as much you have visas to your country of destination and can return here to Ireland presenting your naturalisation certificate as a citizen at the border of entry.
it's Lufthansa or Ryanair staff I'm concerned about, they can refuse boarding. Is there any official article I can print confirming the magic power of the naturalization certificate? Maybe it's worth contacting INIS for this.
btw, don't the certificate get taken at the passport office?
I really don't get it! Are you naturalised already or it's just anticipated? If you have a naturalisation certificate in your procession and you need a passport for your urgent travel, you have the option of walking into the passport office in person and you can get a passport issued in 5 - 7 days once you can prove the urgency in your travel.

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:46 pm

I don't think that D13 has his/her naturalization certificate yet, he/she is anticipating in case there is a ceremony in July.

I am not familiar with a stamp 6 visa, how to get it and how long time it takes to get it.....all I can say is that when you apply for your passport you need to send your naturalization certificate and you own passport from your own country so a stamp 6 will be pointless to have if you are going to send your own passport.

The border control in Ireland might be familiar with the naturalization certificate and will definitely let you in, however, the flight company will not let you board the flight in my opinion, they insist to see the visa of the country you intend to visit.....add to it that the border control of the country you intend to visit will not let you in with your naturalization certificate, they won't even know if it's a legitimate document or not.

your only option in my opinion is to keep an eye on the ceremony date, gather all your documents and get in touch with the passport office before the ceremony and explain your situation, book an appointment with the passport office in a way that you will pay them a visit the day after the ceremony and present all your documents along with you flight tickets.

Good luck!!!

Sushi69
Newly Registered

Post by Sushi69 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:18 pm

Hey everyone, it's nice to read about the approvals. I recently applied so I still have a long way to go.

Application date: 1/4/2016
Acknowledgement and first stage: 21/4/2016

I was given the time frame of "within 6 months", hopefully it all goes to plan and they keep to their word.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed May 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

My application is still in process, i received 2nd letter last month, they asked me for few more documents which i sent on same day through registered post and its delivered. I am just wondering do you get acknowledgement/ confirmation letter of your documents being received?

Moreover my visa was finished last month, i was granted 3 months stamp from my local immigration officer, as my stamp 4 application is still pending almost 8 months now. Do you guys think that i should send them a copy of my new GNIB card?

And finally, I applied for PSC 3 weeks ago along with my wife. My wife got her card after few days but i did not get one. I rang them yesterday to inquire about my card, the lady on line told me that my card has been canceled, so i have to go there again and re-apply. When asked reason, she replied last time when u apply they did not scan ur whole passport, so u need to go back this time they will scan my whole passport. I think, they want to see my visa status, what do you think guys?

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:18 am

KingdomMan, Peace2804, I don't have a certificate nor even approval yet - I'm just trying to do a bit of planning in advance, so when/if I get good news I'll not loose any seconds.
in 2015 ceremonies in Dublin were held in April and July, so I thought I'd have to count only on my current passport. But if it's taken when you apply for an Irish passport, then .. well, I'll contribute to local tourism industry

jenn_jem
Newly Registered

Post by jenn_jem » Fri May 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone that has received their approvals!!

I have a query:

I applied for my Naturalisation on the 8th of August, I sent additional documents required but since the 15th of March, I've been getting;
"Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division"

My question is how long does the advanced stage take and does anyone know why it's taking so long/what is the advanced stage about?

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:53 pm

jenn_jem wrote:Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone that has received their approvals!!

I have a query:

I applied for my Naturalisation on the 8th of August, I sent additional documents required but since the 15th of March, I've been getting;
"Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division"

My question is how long does the advanced stage take and does anyone know why it's taking so long/what is the advanced stage about?
Helloooo bro,good evening! We are in the same category .I submitted 29th September and Ve bn at the advance stage since February, I just decided not to email them again and wait for the appropriate time. Ve got no convictions,fines or warnings and it has passed the 6 months mark now but now that a new government has bn formed today lets see what happens in the next two weeks. Just continue to pray that as God favoured Zion ,God Shd favour us. My neighbour got her approval on Tuesday morning and she brot it to me thou she has submitted since 2011 and am very happy for her . Let's hope for the best bro.