ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original bank statements rejected as "copies"

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Daznov
Newly Registered

Original bank statements rejected as "copies"

Post by Daznov » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi,

It is regarding my wife and stepdaughter's applications (FLR M).

Today we received a letter from UK Visas and Immigration asking for more information, in particular original bank statements. The problem is, I have already supplied originals (I also included copies, perhaps I should not have and confused matters? But I wanted to receive the originals back). I have requested statements from Santander and they will be sent out (but, if I remember correctly, it will be as one long continuous statement), but they are unable to stamp the statements or provide any other kind of authentication. In the past (it was about 1-2 years ago, I think) I did visit Santander and asked them to stamp copies of my bank statements, but they refused saying that they are unable to verify the contents. We will try to get the statements that have just been sent out verified, but if they refuse does anyone have any advice on what to do?

The exact wording from the letter:
"It is noted that you have supplied bank statements for your sponsor and these do show payment of income, however as these are not original we are unable to accept them."

And:
"Documents required:

1. Original or endorsed, detailed bank statements covering September 2015-February 2016 <Name of Sponsor>. These should show payment of income."

Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Original bank statements rejected as "copies"

Post by manci » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:44 pm

write back that you did submit both originals and copies of the bank statements.

Daznov
Newly Registered

Post by Daznov » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:34 pm

manci wrote:write back that you did submit both originals and copies of the bank statements.
It looks like it is due to my poor wording in the accompanying letter to them. I wrote:

"All of the above documents include copies and, where appropriate, translations. Where possible, please can you return the originals? Thank you."

I should have made it very clear that the above documents were originals and also have copies with them.
I called the bank (Santander) again and again they refused to provide a letter. I begged with them, explained the situation, but no luck.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Sun May 01, 2016 4:50 am

I believe the transaction list is legally binding/home office approved so hopefully should be sufficient - however I'm sure Santander should be able to reprint the actual statements. Might incur a small fee but should still be possible.