ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR in two weeks

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bharkap
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR in two weeks

Post by bharkap » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Hello all,

Apologies if my question has already been answered but as rules have changed since 06th April 2016, I need fresh guidance.

I am currently on Tier 1 (General Visa) and should be eligible to apply for on 12th May 2016. I have an appointment at Croydon.

I have completed the following documents:
. SET(O) - Complete;
. Payslips for one year (May 2015 - April 2016);
. Bank Statements for one year - current account and saving (to show maintenance of funds, in case required);
. photocopy of old and new passport with visa pages;
. Life in the UK test pass certificate;
. Trinity college certificate to satisfy KOLL requirement;
. 2 photographs

I am struggling with the following documents:
. Cover letter i.e. whom it needs to be addressed? Is the below correct? If anyone can share the cover letter they have used recently, will be great.
UK Visa and Immigration,
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
Surrey
CR9 2BY

. P60 - as it hasn't been produced and will be produced after May.
. Letter from employer detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of annual leave from the UK.
. Original boarding passes for my travel outside UK - I have only been outside UK for 66 days and only on holidays. So not sure my employer is going to give me a letter. Will a personal letter, detailing all the dates I was out of UK with a simple reason like holiday and family visit, should be sufficient to satisfy this requirement.

Your advise will be highly appreciable.

Kind regards

ratapita

Re: Applying for ILR in two weeks

Post by ratapita » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:45 pm

I am struggling with the following documents:
. Cover letter i.e. whom it needs to be addressed? Is the below correct? If anyone can share the cover letter they have used recently, will be great.
UK Visa and Immigration,
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
Surrey
CR9 2BY

The Address does not matter,as you are not putting it to the post. You can obviously use this anyway ( went to my PSC appointment in Cardiff with letters addressed to Durham :D )
. P60 - as it hasn't been produced and will be produced after May.
You can show what you can be reasonably expected to show only. But you better wait for specific advice from someone in Tier 1.
. Letter from employer detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of annual leave from the UK.
. Original boarding passes for my travel outside UK - I have only been outside UK for 66 days and only on holidays. So not sure my employer is going to give me a letter. Will a personal letter, detailing all the dates I was out of UK with a simple reason like holiday and family visit, should be sufficient to satisfy this requirement.

The letter I submitted was a letter from the employer confirming that on certain dates ,I was on annual leave and that any leave I had taken were pre-authorised and in accordance with the contract. I will upload the example asap. UKVI cannot reasonably expect your employer to vouch for your whereabouts when you are on annual leave! They already know when you are in/out of the country. They only need to know that there was no break in your connection to the UK . Please note that these are from a Tier 2 perspective, there may be other specifics that you need to address from employers with regards to Tier 1

bharkap
Newly Registered

Post by bharkap » Sun May 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks ratapita! Please do let me know the format of the letter received from the employer. Sometime, you need to give your employer what you are looking for otherwise you get something with is good for nothing :lol:

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Mon May 02, 2016 7:40 am

Hello,

Pls find letter attached. This is aimed at Tier 2, so you may need to add/leave out stuff, but covers the absences.

Moderators: If you think this is useful , I would be happy for you to add it to the Emp. letter threads ( locked now to me :D )

Unable to upload word doc :?:

.........................................Letter...................

Confirmation by Sponsor
This letter is issued by Employer Name to fulfil evidential requirements of Home Office for an Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain by an employee.
Mr. ratapita has been employed by Emp. Name under Tier 2 (General) category from date ( CoS number – xxxxxxxxxx)
Emp. Name would like to confirm the following:
1. Mr. ratapita is employed in the role of xxxxxxxxx ( SOC Code xxxx)
2. Mr. ratapita is employed on a permanent basis and will be required by Emp. Name in his current role for the foreseeable future.
3. (His job role appears in the Shortage Occupation List.)
4. The Gross Annual Salary of Mr. ratapita is £ xxxxxx
5. This salary is above the appropriate rate for the job, as set out under Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors.
6. The above salary will be paid for the foreseeable future, along with any increments due to career progression.

Details of Approved Leave relating to absences from the UK
Any absences from work has been pre-authorised and in accordance with Mr. ratapita’s Contract of Employment with Emp Name.
The following specific information is supplied on Mr. ratapita’s request, for the purpose of meeting evidential requirements regarding his absences from the UK on the specified dates below.
1. Mr. ratapita’s contracted working hours are xx hours a week/xxx hours in a 4-week period.
2. His normal working pattern is Monday to Friday between xx am and xx pm as allowed under the Emp. Name contract.
3. He has taken leave as below (excluding any intervening Weekends and Bank Holidays)
Date from Date to Type of Leave
xx-xx-xxxx xx-xx-xxxx Annual Leave

Yours faithfully,

Human Resources xxxxxxx
Emp. Name ( Sponsor No-)

bharkap
Newly Registered

Post by bharkap » Fri May 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks ratapita!! it is really helpful.

ratapita