ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Discretionary Leave.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

ILR on Discretionary Leave.

Post by Procrastinator » Mon May 02, 2016 12:51 am

Hello everyone,

Just read this interesting thread. My 6 year DLR (3 x 2 years) on the basis of UK family ties expires on 13 May. The first DLR for three years was granted in June 2010 and then I applied for an extension in May 2013 for another three years. I am now going to apply for an indefinite leave to remain, having spent 6 years DLR (under old rule). I am thinking of applying through a premium service in the coming week.

Whilst I have got Life in the UK test certificate which I am going to attach with my application form, could you please confirm me what documents should I enclose with Set (O) form? Also if you could please point me to the link for the correct form on the UKBA website?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Casa

Re: ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave.

Post by Casa » Mon May 02, 2016 9:10 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

Be aware that all visa fees increased in March and the additional Premium PSC fee is now £500.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Re: ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave.

Post by Procrastinator » Mon May 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Casa wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

Be aware that all visa fees increased in March and the additional Premium PSC fee is now £500.
Thanks Casa for the prompt reply. I am wondering if I could submit Set (O) form with a covering letter, together with the Life in the UK test certificate, first copy of HO letter received with my DLR in 2010 and then in 2013, biometric card, my undergraduate/postgraduate exam transcripts, letters from my GP/NHS, recent mobile bill letters, old payslips from 2009-2012 and other recent correspondences from Inland Revenue.

Would I still be able to receive ILR without having to enclose recent payslips (I have been unemployed in the past 2/3 years) and bank statement as I do not have enough funds showing in my bank account? My 2 x 3 years DLR, first issued in 2010, was on the basis of family ties in the UK. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!