ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dominoman
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by dominoman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:56 am

It's now over three weeks and still have not received the acknowledgment letter, or BRP or any other contact. My company contacted the home office and they say there is no record of my application on the system. I have a proof of delivery, and the fee was debited, so I know it arrived.

Should I be worried?

Has anyone recently done a postal application. How long did it take. Please post updates here.

My application:
Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence
Application sent: 29 March 2016
Application Received: 30 March 2016
Payment deducted: 1 April 2016
Acknowledgement letter received : Not yet…
BRP letter received : Not yet…

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:21 am

I spoke to a very helpful man at the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre today.

Because we are due to travel in mid May I wanted to see what the chance of the ILR application being complete was. He was able to confirm that it was on the system, but after 1 month we still havent received the BRP letter.

The man I spoke to said a postal ILR application takes on average 6 months. :-(

Has anyone applied by postal application recently? Please post here on how long it took, and what your situation was (simple application or more complex with self-employment, long times away etc)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:25 pm

dominoman wrote:I spoke to a very helpful man at the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre today.

Because we are due to travel in mid May I wanted to see what the chance of the ILR application being complete was. He was able to confirm that it was on the system, but after 1 month we still havent received the BRP letter.

The man I spoke to said a postal ILR application takes on average 6 months. :-(

Has anyone applied by postal application recently? Please post here on how long it took, and what your situation was (simple application or more complex with self-employment, long times away etc)
You should have applied in person for a same day decision if you have travel plans so soon. You will have to wait for however long it takes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Yes I realise that. However my wife (it's her application not mine) wasn't familiar with the process. She doesn't read forums unfortunately.

Anyway - If anyone else has applied recently please post dates here so we can see how long it is taking now.

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Woohoo! The Biometrics letter arrived today. Will be done tomorrow morning.

Update:
Acknowledgement letter received : Nope. Apparently they no longer send these.
BRP letter received : 19th April 2016
ILR received: ... TBD

moonstar9823
Newly Registered

ILR postal application successful..Set(LR)

Post by moonstar9823 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi everybody,

By grace of God my ILR Set(LR) postal application approved and I received my approval letter today, biometric card to follow soon.

Applied on 22 Feb 2016
Biometric and acknowledgement letter received together on 16-03-2016
Biometric Done on 18-03-2016
ILR approval letter received on 23-04-2016

thanks God for helping me through all this.
Also thanks to family and friends for help, providing guidance and supporting all 10 years.
and immigration board forum providing valuable info and support.

adamsmith

Re: ILR postal application successful..Set(LR)

Post by adamsmith » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:17 pm

moonstar9823 wrote:Hi everybody,

By grace of God my ILR Set(LR) postal application approved and I received my approval letter today, biometric card to follow soon.

Applied on 22 Feb 2016
Biometric and acknowledgement letter received together on 16-03-2016
Biometric Done on 18-03-2016
ILR approval letter received on 23-04-2016

thanks God for helping me through all this.
Also thanks to family and friends for help, providing guidance and supporting all 10 years.
and immigration board forum providing valuable info and support.
Hi moonstar9823,
A massive congratulation to your successful application. I had few questions. I would be grateful if you could answer my questions.
How long did they give you to complete biometric? I sent my application on 7th of April. I am still waiting for acknowledgement letter and biometric. I have a pending issue with HMRC, although they have confirmed me that they will sort it out very soon. I was wondering how long it might take for my application to be processed as it is not an straightforward application? Was your's a straightforward application? I appreciate your help in advance.
Thank you.

Kay2323
Newly Registered

Post by Kay2323 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:49 pm

dominoman wrote:Woohoo! The Biometrics letter arrived today. Will be done tomorrow morning.

Update:
Acknowledgement letter received : Nope. Apparently they no longer send these.
BRP letter received : 19th April 2016
ILR received: ... TBD

Hi, congrats on your quick approval. Mate can you tell me when was the biometrics done?
thanks

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Kay2323 wrote: Hi, congrats on your quick approval. Mate can you tell me when was the biometrics done?
thanks
Biometrics done same day as the letter. No approval yet, but I'm hoping it might come this week or next - given it should be a simple case.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:32 pm

My timeline

Applied on - 24 March 2016
Fee taken on - 01 April 2016
Biometrics enrolled - 19 April 2016
Documents returned - 29 April 2016
Biometric card received - 29 April 2016

Application was quite straightforward. 4 Years student, 2 years PSW, 4 years Tier 2

The only documents I submitted were,
Life in UK pass certificate
Degree certificate
Photographs
Application form

wstreet
Newly Registered

Post by wstreet » Sun May 01, 2016 11:03 pm

By grace of God my ILR Set(LR) postal application approved and I received my BIO metric card today,

Applied on 02 Feb 2016
Biometric and acknowledgement letter received together on 14-02-2016
Biometric Done on 15-02-2016
Biometric card received on 28 -04-2016
Documents received on 29-04-2016.....................................

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Mon May 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi senior gurus and members

i would like to ask some qestion regarding my ilr 10 years long residence.
i am on Tier 1 (g) my 10 years will complete before my Tier 1 g 5 years route. my wife is also tier 1 g dependent. my question is which forms do i need to apply for my dependent ?
my second question is my wife came in uk under Psw 25 january 2011. when she will be eligible l for ilr after 2 year route or 5 years ?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Please continue in the new topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

alib
Newly Registered

Post by alib » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:20 am

hi,i came to UK 01/05/2006 with student visa,then i left the the UK for 6 months and back to UK on 21/11/2006,that time i have still valid visa.after then till today i was legally all the time in this country.can i apply ILR 10 years long resident?after my big gap in 2006,i have already here 10 years.i am so confuse . please help

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:30 am

If the period between when you left the country and when you came back is less than 6 months then you can count the 10 years from your first entry, otherwise it will have to be from your 2nd entry into the UK.

alib
Newly Registered

Post by alib » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:49 pm

bruteforce wrote:If the period between when you left the country and when you came back is less than 6 months then you can count the 10 years from your first entry, otherwise it will have to be from your 2nd entry into the UK.
thanks for the answer.i stayed more then 6 months .after that i stayed 10 years,i mean i stayed here 10 years after my 2nd entry. could i apply?i want to apply myself,so i am afraid a bit

TroyUK
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by TroyUK » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi Seniors

Am I eligible to apply for ILR after spending 1 year and 6 months as family member to EEA national?

I have completed 8 years and 8 months under UK law.

Baig
Newly Registered

Post by Baig » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi all my question is I am applying for ILR on 10 years basis, my solicter advised me to go for window service shall I do that or post my application. Please reply soon as I don't have enough time thanks in advance,,

raj2323
Newly Registered

Post by raj2323 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:19 am

Hi,
If you have even a minute chance of travelling within the 6 months period, please go for the premium as the £500 is the price for your travelling plan cancellation. The premium upgrade from postal application has been dismal so far, at least for August and September applications with no response for 2-3 weeks since application is accepted. Thanks.

fahadii123

Post by fahadii123 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Uhred wrote:
sukosukkyboie wrote:Hi guys,
please I have an issue, I first entered the UK on 15/05/2006, I have always renewed my visa on time, I have never been illegal and I have not left the UK since then. My current visa expires on 30/04/2016. meaning I am 15 days short of completing the full 10 years.

entered UK: 15/05/2006
CURRENT VISA expires: 30/04/2016
15 days short of 10 years

1: I'm I now eligible for the ILR long residence as my visa doesn't run until I fully complete the 10 years
2: what method is better in my scenario: Premium service or By post
3; if I'm not eligible, what could be an options

going through previous post I realised a member @GBforum was in a similar situation last year but I can't find anything post on his outcome.

can anyone please help

You can apply 28 days prior to completing full 10 years.Make sure you apply a week before your expiry (not a good idea to leave things at the last minute). Also, they will count your 10 years from the time, a case worker opens you file and they open your file after you have done biometrics. You will be absolutely fine with a postal application but also with the premium service.

Please refer to this; https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

and if you can write a good covering letter, covering all the grounds like;

The applicant must have

>10 years continuous lawful residence

>There are no reasons why it would be against the public interest to grant leave, taking into account the applicant’s:

strength of connections to the UK

personal history, including character, conduct,

associations and employment record

domestic circumstances

compassionate circumstances

any representations received on the person’s behalf

>The applicant must meet the knowledge of language and life requirement.

>The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal

And if you can't, then let me know and I can email you a mine free of cost; a good lawyer might charge you aroung £600 to £800 or you can just send all the documents and let them decide themselves (which I would recommend)

Best of luck :)
Hi Uhred
Can you please send me the cover letter. I've sent you a private message with my email.

Many thanks :)

CCLemon
Newly Registered

Post by CCLemon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:57 pm

I really enjoyed reading through this forum when I was working on my application. As I just received my ILR BRP today :D , I thought I'd share my timeline to put people who might be anxious at ease.

Mind, mine was a straightforward case.
3 years T4 dependant, 2 years T1 dependant, 4 years T4, 1 year T2
(no breaks between any visa + absence was under the limit)

I only submitted what was asked and nothing more (i.e. no cover letter, absence spreadsheet, etc):
1) SET(LR) form
2) all passports (current & expired ones)
3) Current BRP
4) LitUK certificate (done in July 2016)
5) Degree certificate (for language requirement)
6) all P60 from current employment

Long residence period completion date: 23rd Aug 2016
Postal application sent: 4th Aug 2016 (Early application - within 28 days before completing)
Payment went through + confirmation e-mail: 10th Aug 2016
BRP letter received: 12th Aug 2016
BRP done: 15th Aug 2016

...then let the waiting game commence...

I was quite happy with the monthly "update" e-mails from UKVI - got one on 12th Sep and another on 10th Oct. Despite so, I did panic quite a bit during the wait.

BRP received via DX Delivery: 19th Oct 2016
All docs received via standard Royal Mail: 20th Oct 2016

Total time: 77 days (or 11 weeks or 2.5 months)

Hope this helps!
Good luck to anyone who will be applying!!

raj5555
Newly Registered

10 years long residence - refused

Post by raj5555 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi guys

i applied for 10 year long residency based ILR via premium appointment and it got refused 10 days ago. the application was in discretion as i have broken both the continuous residency requirements - over 180 days in one go and 648 days absences in total. I did have compassionate reasons (litigation matter in home country) and had to wait for TB test results for 9 weeks due to my medical history (twice in 10 years) which added 112 days to the total.

i understand the case worker has the right to apply their discretion but i supplied all the evidences including my medical records, legal papers etc. and also my partners ILR approval but the refusal was still based on ties with home country and caseworker not convinced with my situation, although the fact is that i couldnt apply for a UK visa until i had my TB test results hence i had to wait for 3 months (twice) inorder to get the UK and comply with the home office rules.

my lawyer says i should re-apply as appeal could be rejected based on my case not being met lawfully. Other lawyers i have consulted say i should appeal as a judge could understand my situation better.

can anyone share their experience and advise what could be a better next step? my right to appeal end on thursday next week so i need to make a decision by tuesday max.

thanks for you help.!

Raj

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:04 pm

A litigation matter is hardly compassionate.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

raj5555
Newly Registered

Post by raj5555 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:18 pm

true but what if it includes a family emergency and restricting use of passport as the court required it?

all this triggered by a death of family member 11 months ago...

Mas26
Newly Registered

Post by Mas26 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:22 am

Hey Guys, I'm originally from Japan and have been studying on a tier 4 visa since 2002, completed all my academic qualification up to my bachelors since then and currently doing my masters. So I have been living here for 14 years now which means I qualify but I have a few question I was hoping one of you might have the answer to.

Firstly, do immigration count the 10 years that is the closest from the application date?
Because if it was from 2002 I'd be screwed as my parents still live in japan so I go back 2-3 times a year, so I would be over the 500 days of absence limit.

Secondary, I had taken a Gap Year in between my A level and my undergraduate degree. Would this no longer count as a continuously residing in the UK for 10 year? In my Gap Year I did make sure to come back so there were no longer than 150 days of absent from the uk at a time.

Third and finally, if it does not count as continuous resident as a result of my Gap Year what kind of compassionate reasons do immigration take into account? Would they take into account that my life as I know it is living here and that everyone I know is from here i.e. social life as I have been in the UK since I was 9 years olds and the fact that I have complete every academic qualification in the UK at a national level since 9.

Sorry for the essay guys! Thanks for the help/suggestions in advance!