ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanant Resident ILR Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vrishank_12
Newly Registered

Re: Permanant Resident ILR Visa

Post by Vrishank_12 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:08 pm

The whole confusion is that should my dependant need this , I have obtained NARIC . All these I thought was needed for the main applicant (thats me ) . i thought only Life in the UK certificate was needed for both applicant and dependant which i have obtained . Can you please help ?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:21 pm

The requirement of KoLL is for all applicants (unless exempt due to age, physical and mental conditions) applying for Settlement(ILR) and Naturalization. It doesn't matter whether they are main applicant or dependent. So yes, your dependent will need to satisfy the English language requirement with a UK NARIC statement.
Cheers,
OR

Vrishank_12
Newly Registered

Post by Vrishank_12 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:16 am

i have just completed filling the form , one thing i noted about the English Language requirement is,
it mentions
please select the ENGLISH language proficiency of you and your partner ,

everywhere the word 'partner' is used , I assume they only mean a main applicant's adult dependant here ? (Wife or Husband)

is there a reason why they dont have that as adult dependant here ?
please ignore if this seems pretty basic that i am not understanding :)

Thanks,

Vrishank_12
Newly Registered

Post by Vrishank_12 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:47 am

Hi Guys , need a favour
My application is Me with 2 dependants .
worst case , if my dependant related documents are not satisfactory by the UK GOV and there is no problem with mine , will they approve my ILR and reject the dependants and ask me to apply later ?
What are the possible outcomes here ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am

Vrishank_12 wrote:worst case , if my dependant related documents are not satisfactory by the UK GOV and there is no problem with mine , will they approve my ILR and reject the dependants and ask me to apply later ?
Yes and yes and no, they will ask your dependants to apply again ( not you!). :)
Life isn't fair, but you can be!