ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lantenac06

Bank Statement Questions

Post by Lantenac06 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello all,

I am sorry to trouble on what are two pretty basic questions, but I could use a little help.

I am on Tier 1 General, and will be applying for ILR (set O) later this month. First and foremost, I never received a bank statement from my bank for one month out of the twelve in which I am claiming; I contacted the bank about this, and they have sent me an official bank statement for the missing month on letterheaded paper as normal. It is the same as all my other statements, except that it says 'Duplicate Statement' at the top. I presume this is probably all right, but thought it better safe than sorry; do I need any sort of letter to accompany this certifying that the duplicate copy is valid, or does the fact that it is a duplicate not actually matter given it was printed and sent by my bank on letterheaded paper the same as all the other statements?

Additionally, I am hoping to use my earnings from May, and a formal statement will not yet be available by the time I will need to apply. I will therefore need to print out an electronic copy and have my bank authenticate it. The difficulty which this is I bank with First Direct, which is online only and does not have any branches I can go into. They have offered to fax me a letter on company headed paper confirming the deposit from my employer and that the electronic print-out is valid. Will a fax to confirm this be sufficient, or must the document be the original sent from the bank?

Once again, I am sorry to trouble for such minor points, but I know it is important to get them right. Many thanks for any help anyone who has had a similar experience with their bank statements can offer.

geriatrix

Re: Bank Statement Questions

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Lantenac06 wrote:It is the same as all my other statements, except that it says 'Duplicate Statement' at the top. I presume this is probably all right
Yes.

2. Q45.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lantenac06

Re: Bank Statement Questions

Post by Lantenac06 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

As regards the second point, I am sorry if I am being dense, but after reading the guidance, I still wasn't entirely clear on whether a fax would be acceptable. The stipulation is for 'a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic.' Would a letter on company headed paper that is faxed to me meet this requirement, or must it be the original?

I'm sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but I thought I would at least ask in case anyone has experience of using a faxed/copied letter before.

Thank you again for your help, and apologies if I am being redundant.
geriatrix wrote:1.
Lantenac06 wrote:It is the same as all my other statements, except that it says 'Duplicate Statement' at the top. I presume this is probably all right
Yes.

2. Q45.