ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 5 year date calculation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dhruv4500
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR 5 year date calculation

Post by dhruv4500 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:01 am

Hi everyone..

need your suggestions on qualification for ILR on 5 years route under tier 2 General

29-05-2011 - stamping date
01-07-2011 - Entered UK
11-05-2016 - booked appointment for ILR in Croydon.

I have counted from the day of stamping to make 5 years (with 28 days before criteria). Is that still valid under new rules?.

Employer letter from the company was stated my employment start date is from 01-07-2011. I am confused if my 5 year calculation is still valid after considering this letter .

Any inputs on this is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Dhruv

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Re: ILR 5 year date calculation

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Wed May 04, 2016 9:55 am

If the date of entry is withing 3 month's of the visa stamping date, then you can use the visa stamping date to calculate your 5 years' anniversary. By that logic, you should be fine.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2016 10:36 am

The policy has changed. Reading the FAQs will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue May 24, 2016 9:51 am

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:If the date of entry is withing 3 month's of the visa stamping date, then you can use the visa stamping date to calculate your 5 years' anniversary. By that logic, you should be fine.
I stand corrected on the above 'wrong advice'. The policy guidance has indeed changed.