ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax problem

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

~J~

council tax problem

Post by ~J~ » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:28 pm

i came here on hsmp last week. currently in scotland with my partner who is a student. as he has a bank account with RBS (royal bank of scotland), i tried openin an account too with RBS. i was asked to provide address proof along with my passport. for the addrss proof i will need either utility bill or council tax.

now the problem is, we live in an 3 bedroom apartment shared by the owner and another couple. so since we live in with the landlord, he takes care of all the bills and council tax. we just pay him monthly rent whihc includes all our bills and council tax.

when i asked him that the bank requires me to produce council tax as address proof, he says that he can give a letter stating that i live in his house, also, i should open an account in another local bank where they arent particular about proofs. am worried that this shuldnt be a problem to me on the longer run as the bills and council tax are not on my name.

rsathish

Hi

Post by rsathish » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:13 pm

Did you make any rental agreement, and where it says the rent paid by me to XXXX is inclusive of the CT and or electricity + gas? And that XXXX pays the bills in his name.

In my opinion, if not, try to put one in writing.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Why are you double posting?

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:08 pm

To whom you are referring to SYH?