ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Test case Ireland blocking 7,000 C Visas for Surinder Singh

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: Test case Ireland blocking 7,000 C Visas for Surinder Si

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Wanted to update the forum but had a busy few days. I guess some of you may have already heard that the hearing in the test case has been concluded and judge undertook to release judgement as soon as possible. .

So hopefully this charade will come to an end soon.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

HRH

Post by HRH » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Does anyone have update on D visa.
We applied for D visa for my mum on 07 Jan'16 in India to accompany me in Ireland .
No response from the visa office . Previously they used to send out generic response " Your application is under process & you will be informed once the decision is made" but this time its almost 10 days & they haven't responded to my email. All I asked was their opinion if I made a mistake by applying for D visa & should I have applied for C visa instead. I even offered them to provide extra documents in case they need to expedite the application but no response.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1316687

HRH

Post by HRH » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Today, somehow I managed to get hold of someone on the phone in Visa office Delhi.
I was told that they don't have any information on EU treaty visas & its taking longer than usual & I should hear shortly. When I expressed my frustration stating that I have been waiting for over 2 months now & asked her how short/ long is shortly; she advised about a month.
Not sure if she said so, just to get rid of my call or did she really mean it?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:49 pm

No one can tell you what her intentions were...genuine information or a fob-off. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Fessy
Newly Registered

Post by Fessy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Hello Obie,
You mentioned in your post that you recently sorted 2 Nigerian application with no delays. I want to find out if applications made in Ireland embassy in Abuja (Nigeria) is usually treated in Nigeria or forwarded to Ireland.
My wife applied for C accompany Visa last recently in Nigeria but am currently in the UK awaiting decision before i move, as i don't want to leave my job here in until we get the decision on the application.

Thanks

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:18 am

Obie wrote:Wanted to update the forum but had a busy few days. I guess some of you may have already heard that the hearing in the test case has been concluded and judge undertook to release judgement as soon as possible. .

So hopefully this charade will come to an end soon.
Hi Obie,

Just wondering, if there is any update on this? or if you can point us to the right direction where we can keep an eye on the outcome (any link or website?)

Thanks
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:29 am

I have no further update. All I can say as I person present at the hearing is that the states legal position was very week. They sought to discredit the applicants without providing any sound and legal justification .

It was a total mess . Processing 3 application in a week. It will be difficult to argue that such system is consistent with EU law.

There is no doubt in my mind as to what the outcome of the case should be. A reference to the CJEU is not even necessary, even though it appears that the state may want this, as it will assist them in supressing more application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

HRH

Post by HRH » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:39 am

Morning Folks.
This seems like a never ending charade. Reading from other posts, it is evident that other EU countries also seem to be delaying the process.

Recently I wrote to eutreatyrights@justice.ie & I got a one liner response directing me to contact visa divison.

Please share update on blocked application case.

agusienka
Newly Registered

Post by agusienka » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:17 pm

You can see it will not end quickly .. my solicitor was a couple of times in the high court without any results irlish imigration ignores all the letters of the decision which was sent by the court. Anyone know approximately how long it will be locked???

HRH

Post by HRH » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:45 am

This is not the first time that Visa office India has delayed posting the decision report.

Considering today is Thursday & they should be in the process of posting Thursday report (05-04-2016 to 07-04-2016), they haven't even bothered to post the Tuesday report (01-04-2016 to 05-04-2016) yet.

I wish I could attach screen shot but I can't compress it below 100kb while the limit set by the forum is 50kb.

Abs566
Newly Registered

Post by Abs566 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Shakey wrote:My wife received a Directive 2004/38/EC tourist C visa within 10 days last month for Ireland so it really looks as though processing is down to location and/or nationality. I have no idea if it had any bearing on the issuance but I provided evidence of my salary which is many times over the required UK limit.
Do you mind telling us where you applied from and what is your wife nationality?

paras1234
Newly Registered

Post by paras1234 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi

Can someone help me here

let's if the spouse (me) and my wife are living together in Ireland and she will be using her treaty right in Ireland (as she is British)

after she has worked for lets say 5-8 months got everything we needed and then if we apply on EU1 application form, will this take long time or do they have reply to us within 6 months?

please help

thank you
Amit

sport1214
Newly Registered

Post by sport1214 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:11 am

irish visa office didnt upload any visa decision this tuesday too

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:33 pm

guys, any update on this case, post brexit?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:53 pm

UKBALoveStory wrote:guys, any update on this case, post brexit?
Quite possibly be the new court term in September before a decision promulgates

roxyali3005

Post by roxyali3005 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Has Nyone heard about ther applications yet? Its been over a year since application surely something must be happenin? Someone somewher must know something