ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

police Simple Caution

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rush987
Newly Registered

police Simple Caution

Post by rush987 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Hello there.

I am abit concerened about my visa status after police arrested me and I accepted simple caution after a family quarrel with my wife. I was kind of forced to accept simple caution to get out of trouble sooner and avoid further trial or court actions against me.I was advised by my solicitor and also the investigator that by accepting simple caution,my visa status won't be jepordized and they even told me they have contacted home office and they have advised them that a simple caution will act as an A-factor.but when I got home,i noticed in the paper that the police passed me,one of the clauses clearly says that I understand that accepting this simple causion may mean that some countries will not allow me to live there permanetly.I am really upset now and my wife too,she regrets what she has done and she is happy t do everything to get back her words and take all the esponsibility to avoid further problems.My Tier1 visa expires in 5 months and I have to extend it for another 2 years in order to be able to apply for Indefenite leave to Remain.Can you please advise whether I am in trouble now or will they extend my visa or not?if yes,how about the time I appy for indefenite leave to remain?:(
Thanks guys

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: police Simple Caution

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:06 pm

rush987 wrote:Hello there.

I am abit concerened about my visa status after police arrested me and I accepted simple caution after a family quarrel with my wife. I was kind of forced to accept simple caution to get out of trouble sooner and avoid further trial or court actions against me. I was advised by my solicitor and also the investigator that by accepting simple caution,my visa status won't be jepordized

I do not understand what your solicitor was doing when he said there was no harm by doing so. It would be easier for us to comment, if you could ask his opinion first and share with us.

and they even told me they have contacted home office and they have advised them that a simple caution will act as an A-factor.but when I got home,i noticed in the paper that the police passed me,one of the clauses clearly says that I understand that accepting this simple causion may mean that some countries will not allow me to live there permanetly.I am really upset now and my wife too,she regrets what she has done and she is happy t do everything to get back her words and take all the esponsibility to avoid further problems.My Tier1 visa expires in 5 months and I have to extend it for another 2 years in order to be able to apply for Indefenite leave to Remain.Can you please advise whether I am in trouble now or will they extend my visa or not?if yes,how about the time I appy for indefenite leave to remain?:(
Thanks guys

rush987
Newly Registered

Police simple cautiom

Post by rush987 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Thanks for the response.i spoke to her and she thinks that simple caution is a minor offence and "it shouldn't affect my visa". As i mentioned,they (maybe they pretend) called home office and allegedly home office adviced my lawyer that a caution in acting like "A-factor" so if u have some negetive parts in getting ur visa it will affect u.my concern is about both my extension and then after that my Indefenite leave to remain visa:( please advice me,i do not trust my solucitor,her knowledge was limited and at first when i asked her,this subject was new to her:((

rush987
Newly Registered

police Simple Caution

Post by rush987 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 pm

I still check this forum everyday regarding my question but unfortunately noone has answred me back:(

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Dude, i think this just inst a typical enough query, hence no luck with replies. Just get some professional legal advice, i guess this would be your best bet! And, it doesnt have to be the lawyer you were dealing with at first.

morenikeji
Newly Registered

Post by morenikeji » Thu May 12, 2016 12:55 pm

rush987 wrote:I still check this forum everyday regarding my question but unfortunately noone has answred me back:(
Hello Rush 987.... Please I am hoping you will advise me of the outcome of your application. I am in a similar situation and I noticed that most people don't seem to have experience in this particular matter i.e. visa extension with simple caution. Your response will be very valuable

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:01 pm

morenikeji wrote:
rush987 wrote:I still check this forum everyday regarding my question but unfortunately noone has answred me back:(
Hello Rush 987.... Please I am hoping you will advise me of the outcome of your application. I am in a similar situation and I noticed that most people don't seem to have experience in this particular matter i.e. visa extension with simple caution. Your response will be very valuable
User Rush987 last logged into the forum in May 2011. Unlikely that you will get a response.

Please refrain from digging out old threads to post your question when you have already posted a topic in Tier 2 G with your query.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.