ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused regarding Irish laws to bring Non-EEA spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Angela081
Newly Registered

Confused regarding Irish laws to bring Non-EEA spouse

Post by Angela081 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi can someone please shed some light on my query.

It has always been my dream to move to Dublin to work. I'm currently living in UK.

I hold the British passport (only held since 2015) and Italian passport. I plan to marry my fiancé at the end of 2017 in Morocco. He is also of Moroccan nationality.

After we are married I would like for him to come and join me in Dublin.

Seeming Ireland is part of the EU, can I bring him to Ireland under EEA route? Will me having a British Passport cause any issues in Dublin? Can I work freely there?

He is currently teaching in Saudi Arabia so we don't get to see each other very often, due to the fact a women cannot travel into the country on her own. However, we write and speak daily.

Also, once we're married, can he travel direct with me to Ireland and apply for a visa when he's there? Or must I travel back to Ireland without him to sort everything out?

I'm just really confused regarding the laws and my rights.

Any advice, would be really helpful. Thank you :)