ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP restricted work!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

friday

BRP restricted work!

Post by friday » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:43 am

Hi All,

Today I received my BRP for an extension of my Tier 1 (general) VISA. I noticed on the BRP a remark saying: Restricted work. Is this normal? I thought Tier 1 general holders can work in UK to different employers without restriction.

Can you please adivce?

Thanks.

longshift

Post by longshift » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 am

This should be in reference to Doctors and Dentist in training......

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

longshift

Post by longshift » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:11 pm

sushdmehta wrote:245CB(c)
Following details is from the above link that MOD has provided.

245CB. Period and conditions of grant

(iii) no employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training, unless the applicant:

(1) has obtained a primary degree in medicine or dentistry at bachelor's level or above from a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points Based system;

(2) has, or has last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain that was not subject to any condition restricting him from taking employment as a Doctor in Training, and has been employed during that leave as a Doctor in Training; or

(3) has, or has last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain that was not subject to any condition restricting him from taking employment as a dentist in Training, and has been employed during that leave as a Dentist in Training,

(iv) no employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).

This is the reason why it says Restricted Work on BRP

friday

Post by friday » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 pm

OK..It is clear now. It is just I noticed that: No Dr/Den Train or sportsperson remarks were also written on the BRP. So I thought the"restricted work" remark is for something else.

Thank you very much ALL for the quick reply.

aru123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Re: BRP restricted work!

Post by aru123 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:55 am

My dependent and I too have the same restriction. However, this was not a matter of concern until now. My daughter has completed studying Medicine at the University of Nottingham and will be graduating later this year. She will commence her Foundation Year training in July. International Students complete their respective Foundation 2 years under a Tier 4 Student Visa. However, since my daughter was not required to have a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK since she has leave to remain in the UK as a PBS dependent, what steps will she be required to take to undergo the requisite training as a PBS dependent.

vinny

Re: BRP restricted work!

Post by vinny » Sun May 15, 2016 6:29 am

After her graduation, doesn't
[url=https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-part-8-family-members]319D[/url]([url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/post1254519.html#p1254519]b[/url]) wrote:(iii) no Employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training, unless the applicant:
(1) has obtained a primary degree in medicine or dentistry at bachelor’s level or above from a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points Based System, and provides evidence of this degree; or
exempt her from the restriction?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.