ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MattD
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Extension

Post by MattD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:40 am

Hi all

I recently applied for my second FLR(M) period of leave to remain following my initial grant of leave to remain on 8 November 2012.

I have not yet received the biometric enrolment letter. Should I be concerned that it may have gone missing? I was wondering whether to contact the Home Office just to say that I've not received any further correspondence; do you reckon that's a good idea? As per the timelines of other applicants in this thread it looks like they received their biometric enrolment letter with or shortly after their application acknowledgement letter. :?

My timeline so far:
FLR(M) application sent to HO (Special Delivery): 08/04/2015
Application received and signed for: 09/04/2015
Payment reflected on credit card: 13/04/2015
Application acknowledgement letter received: 17/04/2015 (dated 13/04/2015)
Biometric letter received:
Biometrics enrolled at PO:
FLR(M) visa granted:
Passport and documents received:
Biometric card received:

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by MattD on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:45 am

It has only been three weeks. Contacting them now won't result in any update. Be patient, you will get the letter in due course.

There would likely be a bit of a backlog from people who rushed to apply before the 6th April fee increase, so it could just be a delay of a couple of weeks due to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MattD
Newly Registered

Post by MattD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:50 am

CR001 wrote:It has only been three weeks. Contacting them now won't result in any update. Be patient, you will get the letter in due course.

There would likely be a bit of a backlog from people who rushed to apply before the 6th April fee increase, so it could just be a delay of a couple of weeks due to this.
That's probably true. Thanks, Char. I hadn't thought about the rush... I realised too late about the fee increase; I'm so upset that I did! :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:52 am

I always recommend in person applications at the premium service centres, less stress and worry than postal, but comes at a higher fee.

Did you pay the NHS surcharge as you applied after 6th April??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MattD
Newly Registered

Post by MattD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:03 am

I used the premium service centre the first time round, but as my application is quite a straightforward one (no dependants, etc) we thought the postal route would be a less costly exercise this time round as we don't have a lot of money to throw around! But then I had no idea that we were about to be screwed over with the 'Health Levy'!

I had already completed the form and had almost all my supporting documentation ready to go, but then found out too late about the changes. So yes, I paid the NHS surcharge and re-completed the entire application on the new form before submitting on the 8th of April. :x

On a side note, and perhaps you know the answer(?), the main reason I didn't want to submit too early is that I was concerned that if my extension was granted too early, I wouldn't have enough qualifying time to apply for settlement at the end of the second period of leave to remain. Is that a possibility?

(In retrospect I wish I'd been paying closer attention to Immigration Boards in general!)

My partner wrote this blog post about the changes: http://www.twrist.net/2015/04/some-pers ... ation-act/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:06 am

What are the valid from and expiry dates of your current visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattD
Newly Registered

Post by MattD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:08 am

Well the BRP is with the HO now, but issued 08/11/2012, valid until 08/05/2015. Would they add any remaining time to the next BRP or is it valid for 30 months from the date of issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:10 am

It will be valid for 30 months from date of issue.

You could have applied at any point within 28 days before 8th May.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattD
Newly Registered

Post by MattD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:12 am

8 May - 28 days = 10 April, so I really had no choice about paying the NHS surcharge it seems.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:20 am

No unfortunately not but you could have applied earlier but it might have resulted in a small shortfall to meet the residence requirement, which might have needed another extension. Catch 22 situation.

At least you don't have the pay the surcharge when you apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattD
Newly Registered

Post by MattD » Fri May 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Seems I was worried for nothing. Enrolled my biometrics today. :D

Biometric letter received: 01/05/2015 (dated 30/04/2015)
Biometrics enrolled at PO: 01/05/2015
FLR(M) visa granted:
Passport and documents received:
Biometric card received:

MattD
Newly Registered

Post by MattD » Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Extension granted 26/05/2015. :D

This is regards to our second FLR(M) application following my initial 30 month grant of leave to remain as the spouse of a British citizen.

Biometric letter received: 01/05/2015 (dated 30/04/2015)
Biometrics enrolled at PO: 01/05/2015
FLR(M) visa granted: 26/05/2015
Passport and documents received: 28/05/2015
Biometric card received: 29/05/2015 (Initial delivery attempted 28/05/2015)

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Congratulations on your FLR(M) extension.
MattD wrote:8 May - 28 days = 10 April, so I really had no choice about paying the NHS surcharge it seems.
The way around would have been to apply for a PEO appointment before 6 April 2015 for a date after 6 April (you can book 42 days in advance). This would have meant you would have saved paying the application fee increase and the health surcharge at £500, but paid £400 for PEO. Would have cost £150 or so less and had decision same day.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

vinnie12
Newly Registered

Post by vinnie12 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:50 pm

I applied for first FLR (M) extension 2.5 years back which is due to expire on July 2016, I am planning to make FLR (M) application for second extension in June 2016, and I have following questions:

Question: In section 2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor.

YES OR NO

Answer: I think I would answer NO here, since I have already applied for FLR (M) previously and making this second FLR (M) extension. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Question: In section 2.3 please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

Answer: I think I will tick on second option from following, please correct me if I am wrong.

Option 1: First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Option 2: Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain). FLR (M) Version 04/16 Page 12 of 76

Option 3: You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

Question: I have married to a single mother, who has a child from previous marriage and both my wife and her daughter are a British citizen. I don’t have any children on my own. Also, my wife is pregnant of my child and is due to deliver in June 2016 at the time of making the application. My answers are in bold. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Section 4.1 Do you and your sponsor have any children together? Yes No
4.2 Do you have any children whose parent is not your sponsor? Yes No
4.3 Does your sponsor have any children living in the UK whose parent are not you? Yes No

If you have answered no to questions 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 please proceed to section 5. 4.4

Question: I believe I have answered correctly above, but I am confused, from above question, since I have not answered NO to 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 but only one (4.2). Do I need to proceed to section 4.4 or 5?
If you have answered yes to questions 4.1, 4.2 and/or 4.3 provide details of these children in the table below. Please provide details of those children who are applying with you first.

Question: I am confused, from above question, since I have not answered YES to 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 but only two (4.1, 4.3). Do I still to provide details of the child my daughter is having already and the child which will be born to us.

Question: I have got a spouse visa, based on my first FLR (M) application 2.5 years back and I have submitted all the related documents proving our relation, like how we met, photos as proof, marriage certificate, but section 6 again asking to provide the same info. Do I still need to provide info like Details of relationship, Contact with sponsor, or can I skip it, because I have already submitted before.

Question 7A – Financial Requirements

Here, since I am applying without any children, I will tick the first option which is, “Applying with no child dependent – an income before tax of at least £18,600 a year”

What is the financial requirement you are required to meet?

7.2 What is the financial requirement you are required to meet? Tick relevant box.
Applying with no child dependant - an income before tax of at least £18,600 a year
Applying with one child dependant - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year
Applying with two child dependants - an income before tax of at least £24,800 a year
Applying with three child dependants - an income before tax of at least £27,200 a year
If applying with over three children please indicate the number of children
If you are applying with more than three dependant children, you must demonstrate an income before tax of at least £27,200 a year plus £2,400 for each additional child.

Question: In the below question, will I type the total income of both of us or £18,600 ?

Indicate the financial requirement you must meet here £

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 16, 2016 4:56 pm

vinnie12 wrote:I applied for first FLR (M) extension 2.5 years back which is due to expire on July 2016, I am planning to make FLR (M) application for second extension in June 2016, and I have following questions:

Question: In section 2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor.

YES OR NO

Answer: I think I would answer NO here, since I have already applied for FLR (M) previously and making this second FLR (M) extension. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Question: In section 2.3 please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

Answer: I think I will tick on second option from following, please correct me if I am wrong.

Option 1: First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Option 2: Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain). FLR (M) Version 04/16 Page 12 of 76

Option 3: You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

Question: I have married to a single mother, who has a child from previous marriage and both my wife and her daughter are a British citizen. I don’t have any children on my own. Also, my wife is pregnant of my child and is due to deliver in June 2016 at the time of making the application. My answers are in bold. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Section 4.1 Do you and your sponsor have any children together? Yes No
4.2 Do you have any children whose parent is not your sponsor? Yes No
4.3 Does your sponsor have any children living in the UK whose parent are not you? Yes No

If you have answered no to questions 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 please proceed to section 5. 4.4

Question: I believe I have answered correctly above, but I am confused, from above question, since I have not answered NO to 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 but only one (4.2). Do I need to proceed to section 4.4 or 5?
If you have answered yes to questions 4.1, 4.2 and/or 4.3 provide details of these children in the table below. Please provide details of those children who are applying with you first.

Question: I am confused, from above question, since I have not answered YES to 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 but only two (4.1, 4.3). Do I still to provide details of the child my daughter is having already and the child which will be born to us.

Question: I have got a spouse visa, based on my first FLR (M) application 2.5 years back and I have submitted all the related documents proving our relation, like how we met, photos as proof, marriage certificate, but section 6 again asking to provide the same info. Do I still need to provide info like Details of relationship, Contact with sponsor, or can I skip it, because I have already submitted before.

Question 7A – Financial Requirements

Here, since I am applying without any children, I will tick the first option which is, “Applying with no child dependent – an income before tax of at least £18,600 a year”

What is the financial requirement you are required to meet?

7.2 What is the financial requirement you are required to meet? Tick relevant box.
Applying with no child dependant - an income before tax of at least £18,600 a year
Applying with one child dependant - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year
Applying with two child dependants - an income before tax of at least £24,800 a year
Applying with three child dependants - an income before tax of at least £27,200 a year
If applying with over three children please indicate the number of children
If you are applying with more than three dependant children, you must demonstrate an income before tax of at least £27,200 a year plus £2,400 for each additional child.

Question: In the below question, will I type the total income of both of us or £18,600 ?

Indicate the financial requirement you must meet here £
You have high jacked another member's thread, which is unfair and confusing. Please continue in your own thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 09270.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Geetanjali
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Extension

Post by Geetanjali » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for a visa extension FLR(M), could someone please advise if the Biometrics is done after I submit the application or before I submit the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Geetanjali wrote:Hi,

I'm applying for a visa extension FLR(M), could someone please advise if the Biometrics is done after I submit the application or before I submit the application?
Please start your own topic with your questions rather than diffing up a thread that is 2 years old.

Biometrics are done AFTER you post your application once HO writes to you do it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)