ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Regulation non EU to report Absence of over a month

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

New Regulation non EU to report Absence of over a month

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:01 pm

I intend to continue my analysis of the New Regulation, which to a great extent appears to be at variance with EU law.

The minister requires non EU family member under the new Regulation 11(2) to report any absence of over a month to their local Garda, or if they are away to report it during their absence.

Also require that any movement from one residence to another must be reported to the Garda (police) within 7 days .

I am not sure what provision in EU law justifies this, but I am very clear that EU law permits absence of 6 months , and prohibits any restriction on the movement of person for reasons other than public policy, public health or public security.

It seems that this part of the regulations is clearly ultra vires, and cannot stand judicial scrutiny.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Catcher777
Newly Registered

Re: New Regulation non EU to report Absence of over a month

Post by Catcher777 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi broli
Its already more than 15 days gone but I didn't submit the appeal do U have any idea i they gonna accept the review or they gonna ask me to put new application. As i fail to submit review in 15 days.thanks