ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic Titles

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hamada1981

Academic Titles

Post by Hamada1981 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi guys,

Are we allowed to use academic titles in UKVI applications? In other words, can we use Dr, instead of using Mr, as a title for someone who got PhD?

Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Academic Titles

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 15, 2016 11:56 pm

I have not seen guidance from UKV&I suggesting otherwise, at least as regards usage of titles on forms. So I see no reason why you can't use "Dr." as a title, if you have earnt it.

We had a frightfully interesting (and very academic) discussion about usage of academic titles in UK passports, which may be of interest.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hamada1981

Re: Academic Titles

Post by Hamada1981 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Thank you Simon.