ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possibility for Asylum after Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alikhan00132
Newly Registered

Possibility for Asylum after Tier 4

Post by Alikhan00132 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:48 am

Hi there,

Need serious advice.

Myself Ali from under-developed country, now in UK South based on student visa tier 4. I came here for one year program which ends by september. There are some serious personal and as well as general threats facing myself and my country due to which I am afraid of going back to my country. Even, my family was threatened so they advised me not to come back,and they told me to marry one of our relatives' daughter in order to stay. However, at any cost, I don't wanna stay here by marrying someone, not at all. because I am 21 now I want to live my life independently, not by begging someone to marry just to stay. Therefore, I want to seek your advice about the chances if I apply for Asylum? How long will it take? How much is the probability? Will they allow me to work as an accountant? (I would appreciate if information is provided with any authentic source - any link)

I have already applied for job for the possibility to switch into Tier 2, even attended interviews at small enterprises and a local council, but each time got rejected due to "work permit" availability. Please, help me!

noajthan

Re: Possibility for Asylum after Tier 4

Post by noajthan » Tue May 10, 2016 7:42 am

Country?
Nationality?

Type of persecution you face?

Simple criminal types of threats against a person are unlikely to be grounds for claiming asylum.

https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum/eligibility
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Possibility for Asylum after Tier 4

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue May 17, 2016 5:59 pm

Tier 4 has no bearing on your asylum claim other than it casts doubt as your original reason for coming to the UK.

There is nothing to prevent you attempting to claim asylum but based on the criteria you have set out it will be a quick turnaround refusal.

If you have no right to work with your current visa then you certainly will not have a right to work under an asylum claim.

Even with a current right to work it can be removed as soon as you claim asylum. Caseworker will assess that at the time.

Overall your chances of success are extremely low to nil.