ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offence effect ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chowdary1
Newly Registered

Driving offence effect ilr

Post by Chowdary1 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi all,
Can you plz help me with my query, when I naught my car I was under the infulance of that I cover by insurance for 1 week, turns out that not true I was pulled over and got in10 offence on October12 and conviction on Apr 13. Now I have to apply for ilr under tier 1 general. Paid all my taxes, I am so worried about this in10 I applied for ilr last week and declared on my application. Can anyone kindly give any information about my sistuvation. Thanks

Chowdary1
Newly Registered

Re: Driving offence effect ilr

Post by Chowdary1 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Chowdary1 wrote:Hi all,
Can you plz help me with my query, when I baught my car I was under the infulance of that I was covered by insurance for 1 week, turns out that's not true I was pulled over and got in10 offence on October12 and conviction on Apr 13. Now I have applied for ilr under tier 1 general. Paid all my taxes, I am so worried about this in10 I applied for ilr last week and declared on my application. Can anyone kindly give any information about my sistuvation. Thanks

Chowdary1
Newly Registered

Post by Chowdary1 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Can anyone plz reply

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu May 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Patience! You've submitted the application so there's nothing more you can do at present. I suggest you read through this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 34-20.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Chowdary1 wrote:
Chowdary1 wrote:Hi all,
Can you plz help me with my query, when I baught my car I was under the infulance of that I was covered by insurance for 1 week, turns out that's not true I was pulled over and got in10 offence on October12 and conviction on Apr 13. Now I have applied for ilr under tier 1 general. Paid all my taxes, I am so worried about this in10 I applied for ilr last week and declared on my application. Can anyone kindly give any information about my sistuvation. Thanks

what about your previous applications have you declared this in the past?
Also see this link https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endor ... ng-licence

and this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1301941

Also did you get points/fine or court order ??? for this conviction.
if you ever had a DBS done this will come up or you can check this if it still shows on your record https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Chowdary1
Newly Registered

Post by Chowdary1 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:56 pm

When I applied for my tier 1 general extension, I didn't know it's a criminal offence hence no declared. But this time one of my friend put me I the right direction. I was fined £270 and 6 points. So my Licence got revoked, retook the both the tests again and got my licence back

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Chowdary1 wrote:When I applied for my tier 1 general extension, I didn't know it's a criminal offence hence no declared. But this time one of my friend put me I the right direction. I was fined £270 and 6 points. So my Licence got revoked, retook the both the tests again and got my licence back
Were you a new driver? Having your license revoked is normally pretty severe...

Hope you've informed your insurance company, your premiums will sky-rocket now. If not you won't be covered and compounding the original offence.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....