ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

graduating without work placement (1 yr left)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cloud0112
Newly Registered

graduating without work placement (1 yr left)

Post by cloud0112 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello, I have a quick question regarding the visa condition.

One of my friends got 4 year Tier 4 visa as her uni course includes 1 year work placement.
However she did not take the work placement and studied 3 years straightaway.
And she is graduating this year - which means that her visa is still valid to another year.

With Tier 4 visa, you are allowed to work 20 hours per week during term time & full time during vacation.
What about after the graduation?
There will be no academic commitment required as courseworks and dissertation are all completed.
In this case, can she work full time?
Or does she need a different type of visa?

Would be grateful if you know the answer.

Many thanks,

keysersoze22

Re: graduating without work placement (1 yr left)

Post by keysersoze22 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Your friend, if they have completed the course (despite not taking the work placement), will be reported as Early Course Completion to the UKVI. This will (and should have) been informed to the student - if it has not been, I'd advise speaking to your International Student Advisors regarding this. A report of Early Course Completion will usually give the migrant the bonus four months of the visa from the date where the UKVI pick the report up - so it does not prejudice the migrant in any way.

I'd advise definitely speaking to your International Student Advisors, or Compliance Team.