ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR O or Fp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

haris_zam
- thin ice -

FLR O or Fp

Post by haris_zam » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:15 pm

Dear All,
I have a query that i need help with , i have spoken to a few solicitors , i may not be much impressed by the different opinions ,hence i want to bring it out to you . Tell me what you think .

I am an msc student with one paper to go in June all other modules are passed . I have contacted my college so no extension available for me eventhough i have no cap applying to me
My visa is expiringin the coming 10 day on the 11th of next month ( April) which happens to be monday.

i have spoken to my university, which is now independ from my college, and they agreed to give me a letter which i requested of them stating i have a final exam booked on for 7th June in Reading.

My 10 years complete on the 15th August 2016, can apy for ilr Lr on 19 July the earliest ?!

I have been inclined towards flr fp in the past month or so but i know i dont qualify for it but can still be applied aince i dont want an flr fp visa just to bridge the gap,
But recent recommendations and untiring thinking has led be to believe that i am better suitrd towards flr o based on the exam .

my questions ..

1 since i want to make most of every day , shall i apply whtever application i decide on the 11th of April , some say be safe an apply 2-3 days early but if i post on 11th for next day and application reaches them on the 12th is there any harm with that .

2 most obvious one , is it flr o or flr fp i should go for ??

3 can i do flr o and if undecided after 7th june vary it to flr fp and finally flr lr .. this seems the safest to me since this is more refusal proof.,but would drain a lot of cash any obstacles in refunding the fees...?

4 say if I am refused on the 22 -23 june , my due date for ikr would fall within the 28 days after refusal , can i then post or apply for flr lr in person.?

5 .any other suggestions!!?

many Thanks
haris.

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR O or Fp

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:36 pm

Provided the application is not refused before your qualify, you could vary it.
You could do FLR(O) as FLR(FP) is likely to be refused and certified.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:50 am

Obie wrote:Provided the application is not refused before your qualify, you could vary it.
You could do FLR(O) as FLR(FP) is likely to be refused and certified.
JUST CHECKED MY ORIGINAL POST , IN THR LAST LINE ITS ILR(LR ) AND NOT FLR LR.****** SORRY TYPO

thanks obie for the reply ,

would you also help me with the other questions .. pleaseeee.
:)

many thanks

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:16 pm

dear members,

I spoke with another solicitor he told me that one can only apply for ilr 28 days early if he/she has a valid leave to remain, otherwise applicant needs to apply at the completion of exact 10 years.....
How true is that ? he sounded well confident but i would like to rebut his statement since i have seen numerous cases where people have switched from flr fp to ilr before 28 days of their 10 year ( i.e they did not have a valid leave )
so after variation can i still apply on 19 july ( exact 10 years 15 august 2016).

any supporting eveidence on the uk gov website would be much apreciated..

haris_zam
- thin ice -

FLR(O) application then ILR in person

Post by haris_zam » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:49 am

dear all,
just going to send my flr o application on the basis that i have one last uni exam left on the 7th of june, my visa is expiring on monday the 11th.
exact 10 years will hit on 15th august,(19th july 28 days early)

i am thinking to apply for flr o on this saturday , playing safe and not applying on the day of visa expiry, and then hope to vary the applicaton to fp around early june or end of may depending on when the biometrics come though and then vary my flr fp to ilr on 19th july.

as long as the decison is not made on fflr o and subsequently flr fp on the 19th july will be fine to apply ilr on window.

when varying to flr fp i am planning to use the same ihs surcharge code and attach new application fees only and request the refund for o

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(O) application then ILR in person

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:37 pm

It is really annoying that you keep posting your question in other peoples threads.

Please can you refrain from doing this and keep your questions and posts in your own topics which you already have.

If you persist in tagging onto to other members threads, your access will be restricted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

can flr o be varied to flr fp ?

Post by haris_zam » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:17 am

Dear All,

i am applying for flr o tomorrow , have one uni exam and no extension on tier 4 is available on cas , i am hitting 10 yrs on 15 augustv, so 19 july is the earliest i can apply for set lr. I am aware that flr o can only take me as far as 1.5-2 months ,

Questions ,

can i vary flro to flr fp before decision is reached?

according to guidelines of ukba i can vary aplication Ny time before decison is reached .
as the fees is same for flr o and fp can i use the same fees and ihs reference number or shall i pay everything again and request for refund .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(O) application then ILR in person

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:41 pm

CR001 wrote:It is really annoying that you keep posting your question in other peoples threads.

Please can you refrain from doing this and keep your questions and posts in your own topics which you already have.

If you persist in tagging onto to other members threads, your access will be restricted.
Topics merged again!

You are repeatedly ignoring requests to keep your questions in a single thread/topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Re: can flr o be varied to flr fp ?

Post by haris_zam » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 pm

cr001 , i apologise it didnt occur to me .

any help with the question here though ??

shaba ranks
Newly Registered

Post by shaba ranks » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Mate, just make sure before you do that as I remember reading somewhere that if you're not Varying your Grounds of Leave then it might result of the new variation Application being invalidated but I guess in that case the original application would still be considered until a decision has been reached. As FLR (O) & FLR (FP) are pretty much the same application & specially in your case where there are not really different grounds which could make the variation invalid. But as I couldn't find the link where I read it, as far as I remember it was in the UKVI website, it's again I would leave up to your own-self & ofcourse expert opinion from Seniors (not necessarily opinions where rather than showing you ways or advising you in your matter, whatever you've done wrongs/bad things & how good Home Office/HMRC stuffs are!!! would be highlighted claiming they got thousands of posts & they are entitled to do so!!!-- I guess you don't need those opinions)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat May 14, 2016 11:16 pm

thanks every one for the input,

a quick update

flr o applied : 11th april
payment ded: 18th april
acknowledgement rec :6th May
acknowledgment dated :5th May
bio letter : not recieved

bio have been delayed, a question here is whether a decision could ever be made without taking applicants bio metrics?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:40 pm

haris_zam wrote:thanks every one for the input,

a quick update

flr o applied : 11th april
payment ded: 18th april
acknowledgement rec :6th May
acknowledgment dated :5th May
bio letter : not recieved

bio have been delayed, a question here is whether a decision could ever be made without taking applicants bio metrics?
Yes a decision can be made, it will be a refusal / invalid application. If you don't submit biometrics after the letters have been sent, processing on your application ceases.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun May 15, 2016 12:13 pm

thanks ,
yes i understand that it will be a refusal .

my question was that i have not recived bio yet . which is a good news so without sending biometrics at my address can a decision be reached ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Not without biometrics...no.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:45 pm

haris_zam wrote:which is a good news so without sending biometrics at my address can a decision be reached ?
An application usually only starts to be processed and checks done once biometrics are enrolled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun May 15, 2016 2:13 pm

thanks to you both for your input casa and cr001 .

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat May 21, 2016 9:31 pm

hello guys , i received bio-metric request on the 18th and i have till 9 june to give them ,
as the purpose of my flr o was to sit my exam on the 7th of june , so after taking the exam i would have no ground for the flr o and i was planning to switch to flr fp on the 9th june i.e the last day of taking bio-metrics , (since there is a bank holiday monday on the 30th may).

i have read that an applicant can vary application as long as the decision has not being reached on the current application and that was also confirmed by CASA earlier and others , thanks for the input .

]i have now stumbled upon this
Section 3C(4) of the 1971 Act prevents the applicant from making a new application for a
variation of leave while they have 3C leave. This means if an applicant with 3C leave
submits a new application, you can automatically consider this to be invalid.

does this hinder me from making a variation . i know ppl who have made variations ample times in the same scenarios as me , but i want to be sure what this means.. i need time till 17 july for ilr lr.

many thanks all ....

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 21, 2016 9:50 pm

haris_zam wrote:hello guys , i received bio-metric request on the 18th and i have till 9 june to give them ,
as the purpose of my flr o was to sit my exam on the 7th of june , so after taking the exam i would have no ground for the flr o and i was planning to switch to flr fp on the 9th june i.e the last day of taking bio-metrics , (since there is a bank holiday monday on the 30th may).

i have read that an applicant can vary application as long as the decision has not being reached on the current application and that was also confirmed by CASA earlier and others , thanks for the input .

Section 3C(4) of the 1971 Act prevents the applicant from making a new application for a
variation of leave while they have 3C leave. This means if an applicant with 3C leave

does this hinder me from making a variation . i know ppl who have made variations ample times in the same scenarios as me , but i want to be sure what this means.. i need time till 17 july for ilr lr.

many thanks all ....
"i have read that an applicant can vary application as long as the decision has not being reached on the current application and that was also confirmed by CASA earlier and others , thanks for the input ."
This was advised by Obie, not by me. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat May 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Casa wrote:
haris_zam wrote:hello guys , i received bio-metric request on the 18th and i have till 9 june to give them ,

many thanks all ....
"i have read that an applicant can vary application as long as the decision has not being reached on the current application and that was also confirmed by CASA earlier and others , thanks for the input ."
This was advised by Obie, not by me. :|

ok sorry may bad,, but any take on the question posed ?? lol

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Tue May 24, 2016 9:15 pm

Any idea .. ?

can any one tell me the consequences of an application rendering INVALID, and what are the steps to mitigate if such a thing happens. to make it more clear

what if some one missed out on the first biometrics for whatever reason and wasn't sent the second one which is required by the ukvi to send as part of their policy...

its just a question dont ask me why would you miss the first one...

Cadbury
Newly Registered

Post by Cadbury » Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Under 3c can't make new application but you can vary an application. So don't worry.

adeearies
Newly Registered

Post by adeearies » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:48 am

haris_zam wrote:Any idea .. ?

can any one tell me the consequences of an application rendering INVALID, and what are the steps to mitigate if such a thing happens. to make it more clear

what if some one missed out on the first biometrics for whatever reason and wasn't sent the second one which is required by the ukvi to send as part of their policy...

its just a question dont ask me why would you miss the first one...
Hi haris_zam

my situation is almost same can u please update what did u choose to do????
I am 5 month short of 10 route too...
Many thanks
Aqil