ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Dependant Outside UK - Soon to be married

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

simoncheah
Newly Registered

Application for Dependant Outside UK - Soon to be married

Post by simoncheah » Sun May 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi all,

Good day.

There are some serious doubts that would appreciate the help of all re my application to join my fiancee, soon-to-be-wife, who is currently working in UK as a pharmacist. We are looking to apply (for me) to join her as a dependant as she is currently holding UK Tier 1 Visa.

The situation we are facing now is as below:
We have known each other for very long time and we got together for about 4-5 years. However, unfortunately, our relationship started out (and still is) Long Distance Relationship. We got together just before she left to UK to study and now she is working there. Now we are maintaining the relationship mostly via Skype and Facebook call everyday. And now we are even planning to get married soon.

So, we are curious will this cause the chance of my application to join her as dependant (after we got married) to be very slim? We are having this doubt as we are afraid the court might reject my application as we did not have evidence of staying together for period of time. We will meet every year when she is back from UK for holidays (such as Chinese New Year). Not sure what sort of evidence/proof do we need to provide to prove our relationship?

Would really appreciate the advice on this matter as we are having big dilemma now (and she is very sad/lost on this).

Best Regards,
Simon

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Application for Dependant Outside UK - Soon to be marrie

Post by manci » Sun May 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Presumably you will marry outside the UK and once married will apply shortly afterwards to join your wife in the UK as a PBS dependant. Submit the marriage certificate (mandatory) and, for good measure, marriage photos and Skype/Facebook records (not mandatory). You should have no problems. There is no requirement to be in a relationship akin to marriage, i.e. cohabit, before marriage!
Read the guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-15.pdf