ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for south american

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Southcinderella
Newly Registered

Visa for south american

Post by Southcinderella » Sun May 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi everybody! My name is Paola and I am from Ecuador.
I’d like to visit London and possibly find a job so I can move there permanently. Therefore, I hope to find here South Americans that actually managed to live and work in UK, and ask if you could please help me to clarify a few aspects about the Visa that, despite my research online (I also visited the HMRC website), I still can't figure out.
Hope I am not bothering you with too many questions, but it's a really important matter to me and I would very much appreciate any info you can possibly give me.

Here the questions:

1.If I go to London using a tourist visa and get a job there (I know I can't work with this kind of Visa, but I have been told that I still can search for a job), Can I change then the tourist visa for a work visa? Should I have to go to Ecuador and wait for the company to provide the work Visa before I can come back to London and start working, or the Visa will be provided straightaway, so I can just stay?

2.My boyfriend is italian, he lives and works in London and lives in a house-share (so no bills at his name, but he has got a contract for his room). Could he be my sponsor and so hosting me? How could he do that? Also, what are the advantages? Would that allow me to provide less money for my application for the Visa?

3.If we want to get married in London, should I go to London just to get married and then coming back to Ecuador, or I will be allowed to stay because I will be married?

4.To sum up, considering that I really want to go to London to live with my boyfriend and work, what do you suggest me to do? What kind of visa should I get, in your opinion? To all the South Americans in UK in this forum, can you please tell me your experience? How did you manage to go and stay there (legally, of course)?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read all this, hope you can help me finding the answers to my questions.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visa for south american

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Southcinderella wrote:Hi everybody! My name is Paola and I am from Ecuador.
I’d like to visit London and possibly find a job so I can move there permanently. Therefore, I hope to find here South Americans that actually managed to live and work in UK, and ask if you could please help me to clarify a few aspects about the Visa that, despite my research online (I also visited the HMRC website), I still can't figure out.
Hope I am not bothering you with too many questions, but it's a really important matter to me and I would very much appreciate any info you can possibly give me.

Here the questions:

1.If I go to London using a tourist visa and get a job there (I know I can't work with this kind of Visa, but I have been told that I still can search for a job), Can I change then the tourist visa for a work visa? Should I have to go to Ecuador and wait for the company to provide the work Visa before I can come back to London and start working, or the Visa will be provided straightaway, so I can just stay?

2.My boyfriend is italian, he lives and works in London and lives in a house-share (so no bills at his name, but he has got a contract for his room). Could he be my sponsor and so hosting me? How could he do that? Also, what are the advantages? Would that allow me to provide less money for my application for the Visa?

3.If we want to get married in London, should I go to London just to get married and then coming back to Ecuador, or I will be allowed to stay because I will be married?

4.To sum up, considering that I really want to go to London to live with my boyfriend and work, what do you suggest me to do? What kind of visa should I get, in your opinion? To all the South Americans in UK in this forum, can you please tell me your experience? How did you manage to go and stay there (legally, of course)?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read all this, hope you can help me finding the answers to my questions.
1. No. Not possible to switch from visit visa in-country.

2. No, not in current circumstances.

3. No, you need to apply on a marraige visit visa or marry at home or a thrid country.

4. Marry. Work visa is possible but only if highly skilled etc, and you have a willing work sponsor on the sponsor list.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....