ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Danny65

Urgent help?

Post by Danny65 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Just a quick query people. I am a stamp4 holder passport and garda card expiring in a month but have to trevel urgent for couple of months. Got a new passport but my local immigration officer aint available all week and i wanna leave in probably couple of days. Isit possible i go dublin office and get the renainder of 5years on my new passport? Or indeed any other garda station?
Id appreciate ur help
Thanks

Mbgggg
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help?

Post by Mbgggg » Mon May 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi
I had the same issue. When I received a temporary stamp 4 letter I went to Dublin to get a GNIB card because it was Christmas time and we booked our holidays in advance. That time an immigration officer agreed to issue a card for me. When I received my eu treaty rights decision I decided to go to Dublin again as my spouse works in Dublin and for us it would be the best option. Unfortunately, this time the immigration officer refused to issue a 5 year card. She told us we need to go to the local garda and bring a letter to the Dublin office. With the letter issued from your local garda you can get your GNIB card without 2 weeks waiting. Today we went to our local Garda and our immigr officer refused to issue any letter and told I can get my card next week on Tuesday-Wednesday. So you can try to discuss your problem with your local immigr officer and may be in your case he would agree to issue a letter.

Danny65

Post by Danny65 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks mpgggg
Our local officer is away for few days and i cant wait that long ive got my 5years letter and new passport if i go dublin office and tell them its emergency would they issue me residence card there and then?

Mbgggg
Newly Registered

Post by Mbgggg » Tue May 24, 2016 5:26 am

Honestly I'm not sure.
I think it's on immigr officer discression. You have a good chance as they issued me a temp 4 stamp in Dublin. At the same time, they treat 5 years cards much seriously that's my local immigration officer told me. You can try if you are not afraid to waist one day in Dublin. For the worst key scenario just book the closest available appointment with your local Garda, you can always cancel it by phone.