ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR submitted Need passport back

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

menie13

EEA PR submitted Need passport back

Post by menie13 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Hello

I requested my passport back 12 working days ago, sadly i haven't received it yet :( So last Monday i completed the return progress form, which I haven't heard any feedback yet..
I called today the EEA PR department and they told me without taking any reference from me than I might not get my passport as I submitted my EEA PR only on the 16th April and it might be too early to get back my passport.

Do you know how long it can take ?

EEA PR received 18th April
Payment taken: 21st April
Passport request : 7th May
Email Confirmation that my EEA PR has been received and is being considered : 16th May
Passport Return progress form : 23rd May
2nd Passport request : 24th May (just did another one in case they lost the first one, mentioning I need the passport by the end of june due to travelling reason)

ojohnson
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR submitted Need passport back

Post by ojohnson » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Hello,

we re facing the same issue. Did you get your passport back? What did you do apart from sending the request online.

Many thanks.

Oliver

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:21 am

The guidance says you should wait at least 10 working days from the date the application is received before asking for your documents back.

I asked for my passport back about 4 weeks after I submitted my EEA(PR) application, and it arrived in 4 working days.

varuta
Newly Registered

Post by varuta » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:31 pm

For anyone who is worried about their passport to be returned in time, here is my experience:

EEA PR received: 19th July
Payment taken: 21st July
Passport request : 4th August
Email Confirmation that my EEA PR has been received and is being considered :12th August
Passport returned to me: 16th August!! :)

I am very happy!

sukhumka
Newly Registered

Post by sukhumka » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm

I want to share my experience with requesting my passport back.
Just a piece of advice, if you plan to travel make sure you allow plenty of time between requesting your passport and the travel date.
Although the website says 10 working days, it takes about a month or longer in some cases.

Application date: 8th February 2017
Passport request date: 26 Feb 2017
Progress request form: 11 March 2017
2nd passport request form completed: 19 March
Passport returned: 28 March

I rang the EEA contact number a few times but they couldn't give me any useful information. Then I had to contact my MP because I was getting desperate. The MP's office was actually really helpful as they called the Home Office on the same day and replied to my email within 2 hours. Luckily the day I emailed my MP was the same day that my passport was posted by the Home Office.