ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

you have not evidenced his immigration status in the UK??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MattCooper
Newly Registered

you have not evidenced his immigration status in the UK??

Post by MattCooper » Tue May 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi,

I've been living in Uganda with my girlfriend who is Ugandan in Uganda for the last seven years and unfortunately last year I had an accident which broke both my shoulders meaning I had to return to the UK. I plan to return to Uganda once healed and I've already started applying for jobs. I own 4 plots of land there and have every intention of remaining there for the foreseeable future. I was hoping my girlfriend might be able to visit me here but when we applied in February she was refused. The reasons were:

2;- the only document that you have provided from the UK is a letter from your stated partner's mother, you have not provided evidence that you have been in a relationship as stated that your partner is expecting you or is in the UK. more over you have not evidenced his immigration status in the UK and Uganda. this casts doubts that you have a genuine offer of sponsorship and therefore your intentions

To address this we have included photos going back four years, email correspondence, letter of introduction from me, land sale agreements from me showing ownership of land and intent to return to Uganda, recent job application letters for jobs in Uganda and the sale agreement of my motorbike showing I still have assets there. Its the phrase 'you have not evidenced his immigration status in the UK and Uganda' which is not quite clear. Do I need to show that I did have a work permit there? Or that I am for the time being living in the UK?

The second one which I'm pretty confident we have covered was:

3;- you do not appear to have any assets , savings, or family of your own in Uganda. this means that on the balance of possibilities, i am not satisfied that your ties to Uganda are sufficiently close to encourage you to leave the UK st the end of the proposed visit

To address this we have a land sale agreement from her family on which she is included and we have a list of all her relatives with their signatures and a stamp of confirmation from the local councillor. On top of this we have a letter of appointment, recommendation and payslips from her employer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt

noajthan

Re: you have not evidenced his immigration status in the UK?

Post by noajthan » Thu May 26, 2016 8:52 pm

It seems caseworker is unclear where you presently are and what your immigration status actually is (in either country).

A joint ownership of a piece of land may not represent a significant enough tie to home country for a young, single woman.
(Remaining joint owners would no doubt be happy to buy her out if it came to it).

And if you present such strong evidence of a stated plan for returning to country the caseworker may question the value of sanctioning a visit versus the risk of the applicant defaulting (if plans just happened to change once she is in UK).

Broken shoulder/s although awkward and painful do heal. Mine took 6-8 weeks and I was mobile (if not fighting fit) so you may not have too much to keep you in UK for too long anyway.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MattCooper
Newly Registered

Post by MattCooper » Fri May 27, 2016 2:17 pm

So basically because she is poor and doesn't have any assets she's not allowed to leave....brilliant....glad its not discriminatory in any way.

Should I then make it look like I won't be returning any time soon as its difficult to find a job? Talk about hoops...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 27, 2016 2:37 pm

MattCooper wrote:So basically because she is poor and doesn't have any assets she's not allowed to leave....brilliant....glad its not discriminatory in any way.

Should I then make it look like I won't be returning any time soon as its difficult to find a job? Talk about hoops...
It's all about balance of probabilities.

(It's same for most of my wife's family members - she'll never get the chance to bring them to UK).

Your best bet is to get well and return to home.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MattCooper
Newly Registered

Post by MattCooper » Fri May 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Surely if I make it look like I'm not returning any time soon then they will think it more likely that she will remain in the UK?

MattCooper
Newly Registered

Post by MattCooper » Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 pm

noajthan wrote:
MattCooper wrote:So basically because she is poor and doesn't have any assets she's not allowed to leave....brilliant....glad its not discriminatory in any way.

It's all about balance of probabilities.

(It's same for most of my wife's family members - she'll never get the chance to bring them to UK).

Your best bet is to get well and return to home.
I can't because I don't have a job to return to.