ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent switch to Tier-4 Student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aminaazzn
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent switch to Tier-4 Student

Post by Aminaazzn » Mon May 16, 2016 10:39 am

I am a dependent of my husband who got visa valid until October 2017. I am planning about applying for the student visa for myself and my son who is just 6 months old. I wonder is it possible I can apply and switch from Tier 1 entrepreneur to Tier-4 student from UK without going to my home country.
Second could my husband also be able to become my dependent without leaving country. Our business is not growing as we have already wasted £95K on it. All £50K genuinely invested but one of our colleague and family member has fraudulently make a huge losses for distribution business. (It is big story). Now i Just wonder wonder if i could become student and my husband become my dependent to continue working as a employee to complete 10 years residency. Any suggestion please
Kindly please guide me
Thanks
Amina Azaan

Aminaazzn
Newly Registered

switching from PBS T1(Entrepreneur) to Tier-4 Student

Post by Aminaazzn » Mon May 16, 2016 10:54 am

Hello All,
Could I switch from tier 1 entrepreneur dependent to Tier 1 student inside uk. thanks
Amina

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent switch to Tier-4 Student

Post by zimba » Mon May 16, 2016 10:59 am

As a PBS dependant you are allowed to study in the UK without the need to have Tier 4 visa.
However you are NOT allowed to switch to any PBS Tiers as main applicant if you are here as a PBS dependant. You must only apply from outside the UK and from your home country for an entry clearance instead.

You technically can leave the UK and apply for Tier 4 visa instead from your home country and then your husband will be able to switch to PBS dependant if you get your Tier 4 visa, however I highly suspect that UKVI will reject your application as they can easily see that your main reason for such an arrangement is simply your desire to stay in the UK long term.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: switching from PBS T1(Entrepreneur) to Tier-4 Student

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:13 am

No, you are not in a qualifying category to switch in country.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aminaazzn
Newly Registered

Post by Aminaazzn » Mon May 16, 2016 11:14 am

Dear Zimba88,
Thanks for your detailed reply. Actually, we already spend 8 years here in uk. Due to some personal reason we find it hard to carry on the business as we have some big dispute. our business account is closed down as well.

Just a safe side instead of getting refused we were thinking about switching to tier 4 student. Could my husband switch from tier 4 students and i become his dependent afterward from UK without going to home country. please guide me

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Aminaazzn wrote:Dear Zimba88,
Thanks for your detailed reply. Actually, we already spend 8 years here in uk. Due to some personal reason we find it hard to carry on the business as we have some big dispute. our business account is closed down as well.

Just a safe side instead of getting refused we were thinking about switching to tier 4 student. Could my husband switch from tier 4 students and i become his dependent afterward from UK without going to home country. please guide me
What part of the previous responses did you not understand?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Click on the link I have already provided :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:04 am

Aminaazzn wrote:Could my husband switch from tier 4 students and i become his dependent afterward from UK without going to home country. please guide me
Neither you nor your husband can switch to Tier 4 from within the UK. It would need to be a visa application in your home country.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Tue May 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi,
I Had Tier 1 E visa (Main applicant), While my wife was my dependant in UK. My wife switched to Tier 4 student visa and I am now her dependant. We had to apply from home country. we got back reply in less than 10days each. she applied first and i applied when she got hers. BUT after i submitted my application 3 days later I was call by phone to submit the following documents in addition to the standard application documents referred to in the application form.
1. 12 months company accounts
2. evidence of paying UK tax, eg NI, tax return
3. pay slips
4. company latest HMRC account.
Luckily for me I had been running my business although I did not invest all 50k. But I had been executing little contract jobs her and there and made sure they paid into my business account not personal account ( as the TIER1 E visa states that I can work only for my business). So I had all documents and i sent it by email the next day and got my visa 2 days later.
I had to switch because I could not meet up with the Tier 1 E requirement for renewal. Hope this info help some of you.

Please Note I have made my reply easy to understand and as transparent as I can; therefore I will not entertain an question