ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Passport Application on 26th April, 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

daddy
Member of Standing

First Passport Application on 26th April, 2016

Post by daddy » Wed May 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Is there anyone who applied for first passport on 26th April, 2016 right after the citizenship ceremony received his/her passport?. My passport application has been on stage 2 since two weeks ago.

Please share your experience.

Thanks.
Dady.

madmedman
Pakistan

Re: First Passport Application on 26th April, 2016

Post by madmedman » Wed May 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Nothing to worry about. I had applied for my daughter's passport and the online status stayed on stage 2 for >4 weeks, only to change to stage 6 on the day it was scheduled to be collected. I guess its waiting to be processed and once someone picks up your application, its a matter of a day or two before it gets printed.

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:55 pm

kaiser1977 wrote:Nothing to worry about. I had applied for my daughter's passport and the online status stayed on stage 2 for >4 weeks, only to change to stage 6 on the day it was scheduled to be collected. I guess its waiting to be processed and once someone picks up your application, its a matter of a day or two before it gets printed.

I applied on 26th April and was received on 27th, Application updated on 6th May to second stage and up till today i-e 23rd May my application is still on stage day and no update since 5 May,

Where as my friend the same date with me same counter and he received his passport on 20th May.

Is anything wrong with our application or its a normal delay, Please comment. Thanks

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:56 pm

daddy wrote:Is there anyone who applied for first passport on 26th April, 2016 right after the citizenship ceremony received his/her passport?. My passport application has been on stage 2 since two weeks ago.

Thanks.
Dady.

Any update on your application or its still on stage 2.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 am

daddy wrote:Is there anyone who applied for first passport on 26th April, 2016 right after the citizenship ceremony received his/her passport?. My passport application has been on stage 2 since two weeks ago.

Thanks.
Dady.
Again, it's just been announced over the news (radio) that the passport office is dealing with a backlog of over 68,000 passport applications and the average turn around time would take at least 4 - 6 weeks (now increased from 24 working days to 27 working days).

I hope this information is helpful to everyone. Thanks !

alexey_t
Newly Registered

Post by alexey_t » Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 am

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Applied on April 28, have been at Stage 2 since May 6. Send a DM on Twitter to the passport office, they told me that a naturalisation-based application takes at least 6 weeks, and is supposed to stay for longer time at all stages, compared to a usual first-time application. All processing times they provide on the web site are applicable to non-naturalisation first-time applications.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue May 24, 2016 2:07 pm

alexey_t wrote:I'm in the same boat as you guys. Applied on April 28, have been at Stage 2 since May 6. Send a DM on Twitter to the passport office, they told me that a naturalisation-based application takes at least 6 weeks, and is supposed to stay for longer time at all stages, compared to a usual first-time application. All processing times they provide on the web site are applicable to non-naturalisation first-time applications.
I do not agree with this information given you on twitter. My friend and I who are from the same country got our naturalisation on the same day and time and we both completed our passport application forms on same day and submitted same time at the same post office and surprisingly she has had her new Irish passport issued and delivered to her this last Monday while I am still here checking my own application status which is still at stage 3 of 6 for over a week now. In all, it took her only 3 weeks (15 working days) to have her passport delivered to her address from the date of application). I personally think it depends on the person handling your application file that'll determine how fast you get your passport issued.

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:24 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
alexey_t wrote:I'm in the same boat as you guys. Applied on April 28, have been at Stage 2 since May 6. Send a DM on Twitter to the passport office, they told me that a naturalisation-based application takes at least 6 weeks, and is supposed to stay for longer time at all stages, compared to a usual first-time application. All processing times they provide on the web site are applicable to non-naturalisation first-time applications.
I do not agree with this information given you on twitter. My friend and I who are from the same country got our naturalisation on the same day and time and we both completed our passport application forms on same day and submitted same time at the same post office and surprisingly she has had her new Irish passport issued and delivered to her this last Monday while I am still here checking my own application status which is still at stage 3 of 6 for over a week now. In all, it took her only 3 weeks (15 working days) to have her passport delivered to her address from the date of application). I personally think it depends on the person handling your application file that'll determine how fast you get your passport issued.

Sir Kingdom Man, Just a quick question that will it be more than 6 weeks for first time application or 6 weeks is maximum time they can take for, As am still on stage 2 since 6th May. If they need any further docs will they ask/write for me or simply delay this as i booked a ticker for holiday on 11th June, Should i cancel or wait, Please suggest.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue May 24, 2016 9:51 pm

dublin1924 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

Sir Kingdom Man, Just a quick question that will it be more than 6 weeks for first time application or 6 weeks is maximum time they can take for, As am still on stage 2 since 6th May. If they need any further docs will they ask/write for me or simply delay this as i booked a ticker for holiday on 11th June, Should i cancel or wait, Please suggest.
The maximum waiting (turn around) time is 6 weeks (27 working days presently). If they need further clarification/documentation from you, they'll call or write to you. No need to cancel so just be patient and hopefully before this Friday you'll have good news on your passport application.

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Any update On passport who applied on 27th April and application moved on any new stage,

guni
Newly Registered

Post by guni » Wed May 25, 2016 8:44 pm

I applied on 26th and until today my application was on stage 2 from 6th may but today it went on stage 3.

halleck1
Newly Registered

Post by halleck1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:58 am

Applied on April 27 for the First Time child passport, it's June 6 today and the application is still on stage 2. I'm totally frustrated - it's almost 1.5 months now!

halleck1
Newly Registered

Post by halleck1 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Following up on the above - the application is still on stage 2! It's 1.5 months now (32 working days)! What a joke...