ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired C Visa EU Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LeBig
Newly Registered

Expired C Visa EU Spouse

Post by LeBig » Tue May 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi all!

My spouse ( non eea ) arrived three months ago on a join EU spouse visa, and we have been gathering necessary documents for the EUFAM 5 years card.. I have been waiting for the landlord to send me the ptrb registration letter for my wife for 6 weeks, and i just now realised that my wife's visa expired like a week ago.. Are we going to be in trouble when we are going to send the EUFAM card request ? What can i do to smooth things over?

Thanks!

sport1214
Newly Registered

Re: Expired C Visa EU Spouse

Post by sport1214 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:07 pm

hi when did u apply and how long did it rake for you to ge tthe visa where did u apply from??

LeBig
Newly Registered

Post by LeBig » Wed May 25, 2016 7:32 am

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but i dont think where i have gotten the 3 months EU spouse visa is relevant?

sport1214
Newly Registered

Post by sport1214 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:16 am

yes i totaly understand its just i have applied so wanted to know your experience with regards to processing time nothing sinister

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed May 25, 2016 8:53 am

LeBig wrote:Hi all!

My spouse ( non eea ) arrived three months ago on a join EU spouse visa, and we have been gathering necessary documents for the EUFAM 5 years card.. I have been waiting for the landlord to send me the ptrb registration letter for my wife for 6 weeks, and i just now realised that my wife's visa expired like a week ago.. Are we going to be in trouble when we are going to send the EUFAM card request ? What can i do to smooth things over?

Thanks!
Hi Lebig when i came here i applied immediately , even though i didnt have prtb and i think you could sent rent contract first.

You really wasted nearly 3 months it's precious time gone there .You should just applied and let them know you will send the landlord docs once you receive . they would have issue a tempory card while awaiting doc.
now with the gap of a week just sent a form and letter today . i don;'t more of the law

LeBig
Newly Registered

Post by LeBig » Thu May 26, 2016 9:08 am

Hey sport 1214,

No problem, my wife is chinese and applied from China, from start to finish it took around 5/6 weeks to get the visa delivered.

Broli,

Yes i definitely should have done it like you.. I took a look at the Irish transposition of EU law, and it looks like while you 'may' request the residence card within 3 months of your arrival, there is a deadline given of 4 months after arrival of the EU spouse in the country to submit it.. I just received the ptrb registration and will be sending the whole thing today. I will let you guys know how it goes, as this may be an interesting piece of information for everyone.

Thanks!

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu May 26, 2016 9:45 am

LeBig wrote:Hey sport 1214,

No problem, my wife is chinese and applied from China, from start to finish it took around 5/6 weeks to get the visa delivered.

Broli,

Yes i definitely should have done it like you.. I took a look at the Irish transposition of EU law, and it looks like while you 'may' request the residence card within 3 months of your arrival, there is a deadline given of 4 months after arrival of the EU spouse in the country to submit it.. I just received the ptrb registration and will be sending the whole thing today. I will let you guys know how it goes, as this may be an interesting piece of information for everyone.

Thanks!

Please let's know it will help someone here i am sure and good luck :mrgreen: