ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU Spouse Accompanying Husband

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Toka
Newly Registered

Non-EU Spouse Accompanying Husband

Post by Toka » Wed May 25, 2016 10:03 am

Hello,
I am Egyptian and married to a UK citizen. We have been living in Egypt for four months and want to move to Ireland.

From what we read, we understood that I need to apply for a Short Stay C type visa then apply for a Residence Card when we arrive there.

The requirements for the C type visa are the thing I want to ask about; what we know is:
I have to provide my passport, our marriage certificate (original and translated). That is it.

Now do I have to provide any other documents? Bank statements, my husband's passport/copy of passport, or any other that we're missing?
Specially that he will be traveling with me from here, so if I got the visa, both of us will be meeting the immigration officers at the Irish borders to explain our situation.

Please tell us if we're missing anything, we've had a bad experience in visa issuing before as I got rejected a tourist visa to visit him before marriage when he was still in the UK. The reason was that I didn't provide enough documents, even though I provided:
passport, HR letter from my employer (to prove I'm returning), bank statement, a signed invitation letter from him, utility bill of his house (to prove I have a place to stay), pictures of us (to prove the relationship), I even provided a translated copy of our wedding venue's contract (to prove there is a marriage happening).
But still I got it rejected for not proving I will return back to my country, and not proving the genuineness of the relationship.

Will I have to provide all of these documents for this visa as well?

I hope people with the same experience help us.

Thank you.

LeBig
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EU Spouse Accompanying Husband

Post by LeBig » Thu May 26, 2016 4:49 pm

Hey Toka,

Copy of your husband's passport will be needed
Wedding certificate with translation (with business stamp and details on the translation to show it was professionally done)
Your passport
Proof that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen is exercising free movement rights in Ireland e.g. proof that the EU/ EEA/Swiss citizen already resides in the State or a declaration or statement of confirmation that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of the applicant family member’s arrival in Ireland - this is so that the visa officer can ascertain that the applicant family member will be residing in the State together with the citizen concerned.

That is it. On the visa application form i had submitted i also wrote Visa requested under directive 2004/38, in big red letters to make sure, they would not treat it under Irish law.

Ironically, It will be easier for you to get the visa moving to ireland than moving to your husband's home country, as you are protected by EU law, and not national law..

Toka
Newly Registered

Post by Toka » Sat May 28, 2016 8:00 am

Thank you so much, LeBig!

Do you have any idea about this declaration/statement thing?
He should write it himself and sign it, but what exactly to write in it?
LeBig wrote:or a declaration or statement of confirmation that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of the applicant family member’s arrival in Ireland - this is so that the visa officer can ascertain that the applicant family member will be residing in the State together with the citizen concerned.
Thanks again and good luck in your application :)

LeBig
Newly Registered

Post by LeBig » Tue May 31, 2016 8:33 am

Hey Toka,

He just needs to write the reason for coming to Ireland and that he'll be exercising his EU rights , as well as date of arrival..