ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 4 Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sandme
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 4 Visa

Post by sandme » Fri May 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi,

I am currently in UK on ICT Tier2 long term staff migrant visa from Dec 12 onwards my visa is valid till Dec17 after this as per UK regulations I have to leave country, my wife is on ICT tier 2 dependent visa, she is willing to pursue her studies in UK.

Please let me know if she is eligible to take up full time course in UK on tier2/Tier4 visa and does she need to travel back to home country to get the tier 4 visa stamped.

If she takes up tier4 will I be eligible to switch to tier 4 dependent and later switch to tier 2 without cool off, without leaving UK.

I assume I can apply to ILR after 5 years of overall stay in UK irrespective of the visa type(All visa ICT tier 2+Tier4 dependent+ Tier 2 general).

Apart from this is there any alternate option of getting ILR,Please advise .

Thanks & Regards,
San

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 4 Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:12 pm

sandme wrote:Hi,

I am currently in UK on ICT Tier2 long term staff migrant visa from Dec 12 onwards my visa is valid till Dec17 after this as per UK regulations I have to leave country, my wife is on ICT tier 2 dependent visa, she is willing to pursue her studies in UK.

Please let me know if she is eligible to take up full time course in UK on tier2/Tier4 visa and does she need to travel back to home country to get the tier 4 visa stamped. She has to apply from home country because she is not in a qualifying category to switch within the UK. See Switch to Tier 4 (click)

If she takes up tier4 will I be eligible to switch to tier 4 dependent and later switch to tier 2 without cool off, without leaving UK. Yes, you could switch to Tier 4 dependent within the UK. You will need to spend exactly 12 months as a dependent before you can apply for a Tier 2 General visa, which you have to apply for from your home country.

I assume I can apply to ILR after 5 years of overall stay in UK irrespective of the visa type(All visa ICT tier 2+Tier4 dependent+ Tier 2 general). No, you cannot. Tier 2 ICT issued after 6th April 2010 DOES NOT lead to ILR. You also cannot combine different visa categories to make up 5 years for ILR. You will need 5 years on Tier 2 General main applicant to qualify for ILR or 10 years residence to qualify for long residence ILR with a combination of visas.

Apart from this is there any alternate option of getting ILR,Please advise . No, you need 5 years in a single visa category or 10 years with valid leave for the whole period.

Thanks & Regards,
San
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.