ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application swap TR1 to 10Y

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imii
- thin ice -

ILR Application swap TR1 to 10Y

Post by imii » Sat May 28, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Gents ,

I had applied ILR via TR1 in mid Feb2016 but I have not had any update on this yet ...( recived few emails from HO your case in process and will take 6 moths ...)
I have done Fingerprints (Bio-metrics) in March .
My Question :
In Mid june I will be eligible to apply ILR via 10 years route .. I wanted to
swap my application from TR1 general ILR route to 10 years ILR route .I am planning to go 1 day
service and apply ILR (I hope this is a quick)
I was wondering what process do I have to do - do I have to withdraw my existing application ?
will they charge me new fee or top up on existing application?

Note: I have amended my tax returns for year 10/11 and 12/13 all taxes were paid and SA302 were attached with TR1 Application .

Thanks .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application swap TR1 to 10Y

Post by CR001 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:08 am

Why do you want to change the route to ILR? Do you think long residence route is 'safer' and 'less checks'?

They will still check your full employment/tax/income records for long residence application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imii
- thin ice -

Post by imii » Sat May 28, 2016 11:10 am

2 Reasons ...
1-Quick decision as I wanted to go for 1 day service .
2-10 year route has right of appeal as well and I think its safe . .. I have amended my taxes and paid .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:14 am

1. You can try, no guarantee.

2. You will face the same checks and can be refused for the same reasons if HO feel there is deception in declared earnings.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imii
- thin ice -

Post by imii » Sat May 28, 2016 11:52 am

Hi Croo1,

Thanks for your reply and also thanks for form , I have checked both form and 1 is for premium service payment for and second is transfer from ( Transfer from postal to Premium )
My question was change application from TR1 to Long residency (10 year route )

Do I have to fill up year 10 application form and along me to appointment?
Do ihave to send any email to home office before going for appointment ? what is the full procedure ?

really appropriate your help.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:54 am

imii wrote:2 Reasons ...
1-Quick decision as I wanted to go for 1 day service .
2-10 year route has right of appeal as well and I think its safe . .. I have amended my taxes and paid .
1. Very less likely to get same day decision. I know two personally they done T-1 postal to same day 10Y, CW says your document/passport not with us so we request to send it here and we will update you. Also you can try postal to Premium this could more faster probably rather than application swap, if issue in timing only.

2. whatever the decision, still you will be able to apply 10Y, if they concern about something on current application then they will still go though that for 10Y too. So may be good to continue current application (postal to premium if time is issue) and 10Y will be still on hand.

By the way, your last application earnings full employment or both source (emp+self/company) and amendment done when! Good luck with the Application....

imii
- thin ice -

Post by imii » Sat May 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi Croo1

Thanks for replay , My last year earing is full time employment( 2 employer - 1 Full time and 2nd part time
job )
Also my tax amendment were done before I posted my TR1 application to home office ... 5th Feb 2016
and I posted my application on 17th March 2016

Thanks for your help .