ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recourse to public

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maameama
Newly Registered

Recourse to public

Post by Maameama » Sun May 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi I really need some help I was recently given leave to remain that I can assess public funds do I have to wait for some time before I can ask for help please I have a newborn baby

Casa

Re: Recourse to public

Post by Casa » Mon May 30, 2016 8:02 am

I don't believe so, but your local Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) should be able to help you with this and advise on what benefits you are entitled to. The advice is free,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Maameama
Newly Registered

Post by Maameama » Mon May 30, 2016 9:02 am

Thank you for reply my local CAB is always busy can't get appointment I was given 30 months base on my British child and we made change of conditions application to remove the no recourse to public funds and it was granted have applied for income support and child tax credits and has asjed to come for HABITUAL RESIDENCE TEST please can anyone help me

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Tue May 31, 2016 11:51 am

Maameama wrote:Thank you for reply my local CAB is always busy can't get appointment I was given 30 months base on my British child and we made change of conditions application to remove the no recourse to public funds and it was granted have applied for income support and child tax credits and has asjed to come for HABITUAL RESIDENCE TEST please can anyone help me
If you want benefits, then you don't have a choice but to attend that appointment for the HRT.
If you are in an area where Universal Credit is in, you will be told that.

UC is part of the welfare reforms and is being rolled out across the country and replaces 6 income based benefits, Child Tax Credits, Income Support, Working Tax Credits, JSA, ESA, Housing Benefit. There are different rules for the claimant to the benefits they replace.